1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KIM RHODES’ join an e-mail campaign to local news!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oz, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oz

oz Active Member

I think that if every shotgun sports shooter were to give a dollar we could send Kim to italy and have Perazzi custom make her a new gun. If Perazzi hasen't already done that. oz

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I don't think here problem is getting a new gun! Its getting the one back that she won some medals with!

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Who are some of Kims sponsors? Why haven't some of them added to the reward? I say we should start e-mailing and calling her sponsors and tell them to get that reward bumped up. Winchester, Perazzi, U.S. Olymipic Committee, etc. All I need to know is who they are and I'll start calling. Wayne

4. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I am with you on this, but my gut tells me different. I think you may be going the wrong way and do more harm than good. I believe the best way for her to get her gun back is with a few qualified personal quietly follwing leads to solve this. It is only my opinion, but I think if everybody makes a super big deal out of it and it stays in the news forever, whoever stole it will eventually see what a hot item they have and will be to afraid to sell it or even keep it hid. Her gun will probable end up in a river somewhere to never be found.

Mark Rounds

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Go to the URL above and watch the video.

Frank

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Mark has it exactly right. Let the police do their job.

7. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

EE - You're right!

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Mark Rounds is a wise man.

By now, the thieves are probably already alerted to the fact that they have stolen a "famous person's" gun, with the news coverage.

Everyone has access to the internet these days. If they are smart enough to search they may just hang on to it.

If Kim has a good picture of the gun that she could post here, we could organize a campaign to get a flyer out to all of the pawn shops and gun dealers in the U.S. I am assuming that police stations and border control are already aware.

Let me know if I can help in this way. We can quickly get this done.

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

EE and KENX are correct when it comes to your everyday theft. Important cases are handled differently. Every police department has a network of informants, and the police know most of the habitual criminals -what you've heard called the "usual suspects."
    If there is any hope of recovering this gun, it's going to be the police going through "unofficial channels" and making a deal that may recover the
    shotgun. We hope.
    If there is any little positive, it's that the news clips portrayed Kim as the athlete she is, and the Perazzi as equipment of her sport.

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I hate to think it could end up at the bottom of a river as a result of the publicity.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I agree with most of the Statements but wonder why if the gun is so important and a piece of American History was it left in a truck unprotected by a vicious guard dog or a top of the line alarm system ... I hope she gets it back but unless steps are taken to keep it from happening again, it probably will ... Maybe everyone will learn a lesson out of this one, Kim included ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.