1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kim Rhode

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by awbenz, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I met Kim at Vandalia, she didn't know us but was very sweet to us. I think we all should show our support for her and her loss. I hope she gets her Gun back.
    No one is perfect and we all have stopped at a store on the way home with our guns in the car.
    I would like to make a pledge of $500.00 to her for the purchase of a new gun of her choice, any brand, set up however she wants it. She may get her old gun back and I hope she does but a new one would made a nice wedding present.
    Before the TS.com rolls start I won't send the check to PO Box BR 549.
    Curvey you are great at putting things together and honest. You did a good job on the Metal for the hall of fame.
    Allen

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Allen,
    You're missing the point here. Perazzi would gladly give her a new shotgun for free every year if she wanted one - in fact, he probably wishes she would start shooting one of the newer models they're selling. The loss was not a financial one.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Allen, dickgtax is right about a new gun. I think ANY of the gun manufacturers would give Kim a new gun.

BUT, your idea is a good one in that we can collect funds to use toward the reward money for the stolen gun. The problem with that is that, by now, the thieves are already alerted to the fact that they have stolen a "famous person's" gun, and everyone has access to the internet these days. If they are smart enough to search and find that there is a reward (or hear about it on tv), they may just hang on to it and watch the bidding go up. I also think that other potential thieves would start looking for gun-ransom opportunities.

I would love to help out in other ways, though. If Kim has a good picture of the gun that she could post here, I can organize a campaign to get a flyer out to all of the pawn shops and gun dealers in the U.S. I am assuming that police stations and border control are already aware.

Let me know if I can help in this way. We can quickly get this done.

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

She probably has 8 trap guns at home, but she wants THAT one back!

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

This is an insurance issue... too many emotions offered here. The gun's cache is not replaceable and that's what is potentially lost...

I hope she gets the gun back, but concealed as it was, my feeling is that this was a planned job - that gun is gone.

Jay

6. Dickgshot

"this is an insurance issue"
    "too many emotions offered here"
    "the guns cache is not replaceable and that's what is potentially lost"

There is no part of the above that I understand.

7. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Dickgtax, You don't get it! It has nothing to do with what P-gun or anybody else will do for Kim.
    Sorry for trying to do anything good on TS.com.
    Allen

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Guys, what he's trying to say is that this is an EMOTIONAL loss for Kim, and that the only way that you can help her is to bring back that particular gun.

He's not discounting the fact that you are trying to do a good thing, Allen. Everyone on here, including dickgtax, recognizes the generosity and good will in your post.

9. Dickgshot

Allen,
    I wasn't criticizing your wanting to do something good fo Kim. I was only pointing out that Perazzi is her sponsor and that she doesn't nave to buy her shotguns. Anyone who saw her interview on TV had to realize how devestated she was.

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll wager she was followed from her photo shoot and the thief knows EXACTLY what he took. It's likely sitting in a safe of other collectibles now and will remain there. I, too, agree that Perazzi would replace the gun or custom design one for Kim and it's said she already has a spare, but this specific loss is her worst pain.....fingers crossed for a recovery....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.