1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kim Rhode wins gold!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by crusha, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Not even close. It was a blowout! She won by 8 targets. Although the average person wouldn't know, we as clay target shooters know...that's like winning the Marathon event by 15 minutes.

She keeps this up...the IOC will probably eliminate womens' skeet from the Olympics (aholes).

2. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Buzz, that is the absolute truth!

Charlie

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Kim Rhode.

Two questions.

Will she use a different shotgun for the trap event (I would assume she would)? Or will she make adjustments to the shotgun she is obviously comfortable with?

I also assume she will go somewhere nearby to practice some trap in order to change her mindset, establish her hold points, etc. for a different shooting competition?

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I saw an interview with Kim that took place after the Gold medal win. In that interview she said she would change barrels and forearm for the Bunker events. So with that I assume she would be using the same Perazzi receiver.

5. beaker100

beaker100 Member

how cool. a super lady

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yes she is a terrific young lady and shooter...a wonderful ambassador of the shooting sports for sure...she has many more Olympics left to compete in too...with her great attitude and personality it helps us out by showing sport shooting in the media in such a positive light that they are willing to put it out there with pride and not pass the accomplishment over like an evil taboo...GO Get'em Kim!!!

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight='0' scrolling="no" src="http://hub.video.msn.com/embed/8a76a29a-7b95-45f6-a405-7e59d8cdcb04/?vars=Y29uZmlnTmFtZT1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbnBsYXllciZmcj1zaGFyZWVtYmVkLXN5bmRpY2F0aW9uJmxpbmtiYWNrPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuYmluZy5jb20lMkZ2aWRlb3Mmc3luZGljYXRpb249dGFnJmNvbmZpZ0NzaWQ9TVNOVmlkZW8mbWt0PWVuLXVzJmxpbmtvdmVycmlkZTI9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRm1zbi5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tJTJGdmlkZW8lM0Z2aWRlb2lkJTNEJTdCMCU3RCZicmFuZD1mb3hzcG9ydHM%3D">
    <A href="http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid=8a76a29a-7b95-45f6-a405-7e59d8cdcb04&src=v5:embed:syndication:&from=shareembed-syndication"Story_MP2_OLYMPICS"" target="_new" title="Rhode sets Olympic record">Video: Rhode sets Olympic record</A>
    </iframe>

8. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Who keeps her gun "tweak and tuned" factory Rep's?

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The first American olympian EVER to win medals in 5 consecutive olympic games! Quite a noteworthy accomplisment! Congrats to her and good luck to the rest of our shooting team!

10. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

I understood there was no women's trap in the Olympics anymore. Am I wrong?

11. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Daddy coaches Kim, takes carre of equipment, etc. Kim knows what to do with her gun. Daddy needs to get a lot of recognition!! He has been very helpful with his time and knowledge over several years in helping me coach my daughter. Thenks Dad!! Fred

12. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Boy Fred, you sure have that right!!! Her father has always been such a major part of her training and success, and deserves a lot of credit. Congratulations especially to Kim, but to the whole Rhode family as I know personally that this has always been a family effort from the get go. Thanks Kim for making us so very proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike (and family)

13. shrek

shrek Active Member

Mountainsteve,

they stopped with the women's olympic doubles trap.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

tigman46,

Kim did an awesome job but she tied not broke the World Record with that 99. She broke(actually shattered) the Olympic Record.

15. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Kim! She's a credit to Shotgun Shooting Sports and to her country the good ole USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blade819

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Thank God she got her favorite gun back when it was stolen a while back...I remember when that happened and I know how she must have felt

17. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

Just curious, what kind of gun is she shooting? I am not good enough to tell from the pic.

Thanks
    Todd

18. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

She got her old gun back after it was stolen,but, by the time she did,she was shooting her new one so well ,she stayed with it. She still has the old gun as an emergency back up.

19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Gosh, some kudos re. Kim ought to go way, way, way, back to the old days when the then Pachmayr Company and Shooting Range and Arthur Bright of the Pro Shop there gave her, or highly discounted, a Perrazi/Pachymayr O/U in 20 gauge to begin her shooting career in skeet. One remembers the days when other shooters took note of Kim, and during those "humble years" even picked up 20 gauge hulls on the skeet field for her father to reload!

...but most importantly, Kim has remained just "Kim", so genuine, approachable, and friendly. She even served me and a friend some hamburgers at Oak Tree because, as she put it, she "was taking a break from training and was bored...."....the lady has boundless energy and enthuiasm and hardly a swelled head! Such a wonderful champion who carries her crown with utmost dignity and perspective.

20. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I know that she shoots over 100,000 rounds of practice in a year preparing for various competitions. Thats over $30,000 just in ammo alone. Does Winchester just back the truck up to her garage periodically, or what? If tghey do, it is advertising dollars well spent. Kim is a fabulous spokesperson for the shooting sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.