1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kim Rhode Part Two TRAP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Baber, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

Kim Rhode shot a MQS (qualifying score) at the Tuscon World Cup so she will be shooting TRAP. In London as well.

Stay tuned there maybe another medal in Kim's future.

Tom

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Kim Rhode and Corey Cogdell both finish with medals in trap.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The USA does not like the way the rest of the world shoots trap. We have to do it our way. HMB

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Heres hoping they both succeed big!

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Hmb

Wrong.... There are no men shooting trap in London because none of our men shooters qualified!

Sad state of affairs

Tom

6. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Kim Rhode shot skeet in London today. She set a world record and the Gold. No women's trap shooting in the Olympics anymore. I think.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Tom,

Wrong..... We have no one who qualified because we spend our time shooting ATA trap, while the rest of the world is shooting bunker. HMB

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Tom is right.... We did not earn any quota spots in Men's Bunker Trap for the Olympics through the ISSF process this quad. Cost the coach his job and we will see more changes through USA Shooting for the coming quad.

And no, Mountain... Women's Bunker trap is live and well in the Olympics. They dropped Women's Double Trap few years back and that was why Kim went back to skeet.

SW

9. mopar499

mopar499 Member

cant sandbag in bunker trap lol

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

Stonewall

The lack of Trapshooters at London had no impact on the recent firing of Bret Erickson. I spoke with Bret and that issue was discussed and he sated that had no impact on his situation.

HMB. You have a point. Too many of our shooters are siphoned off into the easier and less demanding games. We do need more bunkers in this country.

Tom

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Women's Trap is Saturday, August 4th.

Qualification is 4am EDT, and the Finals are 10am EDT.

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

Todd Graves is the shotgun coach for London. Brett was terminated around the first of the month. Don't know why and I choose not to speculate.

Tom

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think we American trapshooters are being forced out of the events because of our intimidating physiques and 6pack abs..or would they be half keggers?

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Surprising that no American men shooting bunker trap. Is there not a big pool any more of great bunker shooters from our military teams?

Can we think of Kenny Jones, Gene Lumsden, George Haas, Arnold Riegger, Daro Handy, etc. who represented us in the Olympic bunker shooting events over the years? What's going on?

15. Baber

Baber TS Member

I believe the bunker community is in transion. We had a small group of good shooters such as Bade, Grazoli, Erickson that have either retired or curtailed their shooting and their replacements are not seasoned enough to take their place. Hopefully this is a one time deal. We have a good group of women shooters but it's just the men that are just not quite there.

Tom

16. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

You guys must have missed the performance earlier in the year at Tucson. Ryan Hadden is one hell of a great bunker shooter for the USA.

The Team "quota" system is the problem. I feel sure Ryan Hadden could make the finals this week at the Olympics....if he was eligible to be there. Sucks if you ask me.

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

I agree that Ryan should be there after all he won 3 World Cups in the last 4 years but the problem is that he never won one where they were awarding quota slots.
    I agree it SUCKS!

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.