1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kim Rhode interview with Willie Geist of NBC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mette56, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Did you see that? On NBCSN (603 on Direct TV). About 1PM Central today. If you missed it but taped it - just after the women's soccor game (USA vs. Columbia). She was super in the interview and very professional...great sense of humor...beautiful smile. She will be shooting for an Olympic record. Only person in history to medal in 5 straight Olympics!

Go Kim...it's on tomorrow!

milt

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I saw it. I thought she looked great and answered the ridiculous questions like a pro. Really, that is the best person they had to run the interview? I think he is a goober. JMHO anyway.

3. oz

oz Active Member

Is She going to be the only 5 time in America or the world?

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

oz,

She, if she medals in this Olympics, will be the first US athlete in an individual sport to win a medal in 5 consecutive Olympics.

milt

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

From her Twitter account.

Me smoking a target in practice at the #Olympic Games in London! (Jul 26)

joepotosky_2008_030349.jpg

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Not the video. Very good...

How El Monte's Kim Rhode Got Her Shot at Olympic History

Olympic shooter Kim Rhode of El Monte says shooting is a "way of life" for her

By Mary Harris, Olga Spilewsky and Chuck Henry

Saturday, Jul 28, 2012 | Updated 10:22 AM PDT

<embed width="576" height="324" src="http://media.nbclosangeles.com/assets/pdk449/pdk/swf/flvPlayer.swf?pid=sW6eT4jVyd96" flashvars="v=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbclosangeles.com%2Fi%2Fembed_new%2F%3Fcid%3D164099436%26path=%2F%2Fnews%2Flocal"allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" /> <p style="font-size:small">View more videos at: http://nbclosangeles.com.</p>

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Kim is a great gal. Her parents must be so proud of her.

8. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Amazing that she estimates shooting over 2 Million targets in her carrier. Very hard to comprehend. I believe she will walk away with the gold metal tomorrow. Talent, ability, and the all important mental game....will get it done.

I'm also predicting Josh Richmond will win gold in Double Trap. I don't think Corey or Glenn get it done for a visit to the podium. I hope I'm wrong.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

And to think all us old coots remember her as just a baby who wasn't much taller than her first over/under...darn the time flies don't it?

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Kolar would.

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Joe..... thanks for the great video. Kim is quite the young Lady! besides her shooting and her destiny with history, she should be an inspirtation for every American.

blade819

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

She must really be good to be using a RIFLE to shoot skeet and trap. Did you notice the guy saying RIFLE and not shotgun. Hope she does well and sets a world record.

13. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Kim was 75 straight in the preliminary round. Three or so others had 74. Hope she gets the Gold!

Dave

14. tachyon

tachyon Member

Dave, the first qualification rounds will not be shot until 9AM tomorrow (London Time). The score that is listed on the London2012.com web site is the competitors Individual Qualification Score (IQS) This is the score they shot to qualify for the olympics.

The preliminary rounds start tomorrow at 9AM (Central time is 6 hours earlier or 3AM). Two squads will start at 9AM (first round at 9AM, Second at 10:30 and third at Noon). The third squad will start at 9:30 and will be 1/2 hour behind the first two squads.

The finals are scheduled to start at 2PM London time.

15. keqwow

keqwow TS Member

500-1000 rounds a day. I can't even imagine that. I get tired after 100 rounds...I think the 400 rounds at registered shoots seems like a lot to me. I can't even imagine 1000 rounds a day, 7 days a week. Impressive. Very impressive.

16. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

APrice,great post. Let em suck on that. That was one impressive body blow.

17. Mike Richmond

Mike Richmond TS Member

USA Shooting - National Governing Body for Olympic Shooting Sports

Even rain isn’t stopping Kim Rhode today as she sets a new Olympic record in Women’s Skeet by hitting 74 of 75 targets in preliminary action at the Royal Artillery Barracks Sunday morning. The previous Olympic record was 72 set by Chiara Canero of Italy in 2008. Kim currently holds a four target lead on her nearest competitor. Kim is looking to become first U.S. athlete competing in an individual sport to win five medals in five consecutive Olympic Games. Finals of Women’s Skeet begins at 2:00 pm locally. 9am Eastern, 8 am Central, 7 am Mountain, 6 am Pacific.

copied from USA Shooting on facebook.

18. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You can watch the Women's Skeet Final at the link above.

19. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I've been up all night long keeping up with this skeet shoot and waiting to get a chance to watch the finial.

NBC has so much junk running in the background of that site that my security protocols refuse to let me watch the video on there.

20. tachyon

tachyon Member

She is on msnbc right now for the finals. 8AM central time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.