1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kim Rhode - At It Again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

She shoots a 95 and gets a Bronze in London in a "warm-up" for the Olympics at the newly opened Olympic shooting venue.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

And Vincent Hancock just missed out on a Bronze in men's skeet, losing out in the shoot off. Shot a 146 but missed his 10th target in the shoot off.

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have beenfollowing Kim on facebook and she has been just tearing it up. Set a world record a few weeks ago. She has really been on a roll. John

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Won't she be setting a record if she medals in this Olympics? That would mean she won medals in 5 Olympics. I don't think anyone has done that in any sport.

5. mikey357

mikey357 Active Member

John Michael Plumb is an American equestrian rider who competes in the sport of three-day eventing. He holds the title of the US Olympic competitor who has competed in the greatest number of Olympics, winning two team gold medals, three team silvers and one individual silver.
    He medaled in the Olympics in '64, '68, '72, '76 and '84...HTH....mikey357

6. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

If she medals in London she will be the first American to medal in 5 consecutive Games in an individual event. Others have done it in team events.

Jeff Holguin

7. oz

oz Active Member

first american or first person ever?

8. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I also noticed she will be competing in 2 events ; Skeet & Bunker.

9. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

Does she use the same gun in skeet and bunker?

10. Wesleyloh

Wesleyloh TS Member

Can't use the same barrels for skeet and bunker. Olympic skeet is an open choke for the 1st shot and bunker is IM. The target distances are really far apart.

Wes

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

When you think about how few women excel in shooting sports in the U.S. compared to other countries, it makes her accomplishments even more amazing.

12. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Eller & Crawford in Finals for Double Trap. Be great to get both on podium!

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Eller finished 4th and Crawford 5th.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

14. jfoobar

jfoobar TS Member

Just in case anyone is curious, Kim will indeed be shooting in the trap event as well, but she is not the Olympic team selectee for the event. The way it works is that if a competitor is already there as an Olympic team member in a shooting event *and* they have shot a minimum qualification score (MQS) in a eligible World Cup event (or Pan-Am games, etc.), they can shoot in that event as well.

This isn't to take away from Kim's accomplishments. Just the fact that she has an MQS on file for trap (not an easy feat at all) and is qualified to also shoot the trap is pretty spectacular.

Back in the early 00s, I shot in a few International skeet events with Kim. She always seemed very nice and consistently finished among the top women. This was while her main sport was double trap, not skeet. The fact that she transitioned from being one of the best to the very best in skeet shortly after the women's double trap event ceased to be in 2004 is amazing as well.

15. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

I was lucky and got to meet Kim at the Shot Show in Las Vegas two years ago. She had her Olympic medals with her and was putting them away for safe keeping when I walked up and started talking to her.

I asked her if those were all of the Olympic medals she had won and she said yes, do you want to look at them? She was actually handing them to me as she asked me the question. I thought that was very cool of her to just had me those Olympic medals like that.

Kim is a very nice young lady and a great shotgun shooter.

16. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

World record holder American, Female, shotgun sport shooter, man that is way cool in anybodies book.

To go Olympics 5 times, something special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.