1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Killer Whale Kills Trainer....It is a WILD Animal!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

C'mon people, sooner or later they will revert back to their natural instincts....Prayers to her family....

2. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

people never think of that...it's a good point you just made. I was at the vet with my dog once and I seen a grown adult run up and grab a stange dog by the ears and plant a kiss on the dogs face. the dog having a sore on it's ear went ape and almost tore the womens face off.

people do strange things and forget animals even dogs and cats have some of the wild beast in them.

thoughts and prayers go out to that person and family.

3. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

So, what is the remedy for this "Killer" Whale`s behavior while in captivity...put it down or release it?

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

MGM,,,,good question, and if you look in the article, this whale had a history of violence,,,,this one should have been released to the ocean as the violent occorences were years ago.....

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

We took a wild animal in our possession, kept it in man made environment, so we expect it to act like a man? We can't even make some men act like a man, what we should expect from a wild animal?

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Would it survive in the ocean after having been in captivity for so many years?

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Release to the wild may not be possible. At least without knowing the animals history of where it came from or if it was kept do to injury. Just history many animals can't be released into the wild. For many different reasons.

Bob Lawless

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

How many boots can you make with the hide ?? Try size 10 to make it easyer

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I heard on the late news tonight that the same whale killed 2 other people besides this one.

10. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

From all the captive creatures, they just want every one to know, they love living in a cup of water, verses the whole world? Daaaaaaaa

11. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I heard the same as Toolmaker and why is an animal who has killed two trainers allowed to remain alive? I don't get it? If that thing was a polar bear it would have been put down. Is there a limit on killed trainers before the game wardens step in and say enough? Sounnds like to me there will be some awfully big lawsuits filed here. What if you were present with your young grandchildren and they will forever remember what they just witnessed? It was just on tv about the whale. In 91 it killed a trainer and in 99 a man was found dead in it's tank no witnesses I think retirement is mandatory for this animal and permanent retirement to a canning factory is my choice. Enough is enough I don't care what the animal is worth. It's a death sentence to work with this whale just a matter of time as to when. Dan

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Civil court or military tribunal?

13. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

He might have wanted to be in the ocean, instead of doing tricks for tourists.

BK

14. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I have never heard so much stupid stuff from so many dam ass jerks in my life.
    The animal is a wild animal by nature. How would you know if the whale had a bad headace or acking back, or what the hell. Most humans won't get out of bed if they got a sniffle. Good excuse not to go to work that day. Give me a break.
    Turn the animal loose back to its natural area. In the wild they kill all the time for their food. Its not going to be looking for humans. What are you going to do if you are an vacation curse and you spot a bunch of killer whales. Jump in the middle of them an expect nothing to happen.
    Its just the chance you take with wild animals. TURN IT LOOSE. QUIT WORRING ABOUT THE DAM MONEY MADE FROM IT.

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The whales seem to be winning.

I'll give this one a big "Yawn".

Curt

16. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Maybe Bob Barker has the answer.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Let the sucker go!!...a whale like an elephant is an intelligent animal...captivity to them is prison..after a while from the stress they say enough is enough and homey aint playin their game no mo!...let them go when the danger flag raises or else somebody else is going to pay

18. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The whale was being a whale... I blame the trainer... imagine if a guest got killed (again?!)

Look at all the folks who have "pit bulls"... around kids, other family members, remember the chimpanzee lady whose chimp ripped the face off the lady on Oprah...

Come on... we have no one to blame but ourselves for imprisoning these "pets"...

regards all,

Jay

19. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Something tells me to lay off the canned Tuna for awhile!!

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Fire up the BBQ grills, lets have a family style cook out ... Send whats left over to Haiti and feed the homeless or to the local shelter ... Naw, them folks won't eat it they are used to better food than we eat ...

Revised edition:

Save the whale and feed the Haitians and homeless to it, that way we won't need the BBQ grills ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.