1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kids and shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by reddeath, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

My son's scores were up and down this season radically as high as 95 but also as low as 80. Turns out he needs glasses as he is near sighted. Obviously he can still see the target but has anyone seen real results when going from what I would assume to be a blurry target to a nice crisp target?

Also, does anyone have current contact information for Dr. Frank Rivley? Is he still located in PA. God, I hope so, Then we can see him in person.

Thanks,
    Craig

2. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

I had the same thing when I was young. I did better with contact lenses. I had Lasic eye surgery 11 years ago and never regretted it. Still have 20/15 vision. I think the clear target is better from my experience.

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

think he was at M & M last weekend, or the weekend before...

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I'm sure more then a few will jump in...

If he is near sited, he needs glasses anyway, as his eyes will get tired (strained) no matter if he is shooting or not. Other words, glasses 24/7.

If you wish for a proper fitting for shooting glasses (different then everyday street glasses) you normally see a few vendors at the bigger shoots, especially in PA.

All the major shooting glasses companies have websites for online ordering.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Being able to see the target clearly and with deffinition is half the battle (or more) in this game. An eye exam and corrective lenses are relatively cheap and something your son probably needs anyway.

6. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I bugged my son to get glasses(and wear them)for quite a long time.
    He finally realized that if he was going to get better at this sport he'd have to wear his glasses.
    His average went up by 5 birds.

I don't want to say it but,I told ya so...................

D.P.Reynolds

7. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

My 16 year old started wearing glasse 4 years ago. He also is near-sighted as am I. He only wore his glasses when shooting and in his words, "Wow! Ican really see the target now." His scores went up dramatically. He went to contacts this year and enjoying his best scores ever. This past weekend at a local youth shoot,his squad took first first place with a 481/500. He and a squad-mate took 1st and 3rd respactively as high school shooters.

Definitely get your son in glasses or contacts ASAP. If he can't see the targets, he can't break them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kids and trap shooting

kids trapshooters