1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kid w/ Braces

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 870, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Well, there goes the Seitz I was going to get!

Anyone have any experience with their kids shooting after getting braces? Thinking it could be done with a mouthguard or something in place?

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Dental wax.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Ask your dentist, but I've seen lots of youth groups shooting & some of them had braces. Good luck --Ross Puls

4. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Both my boys shot with braces and had no trouble. Of course, this would be dependent on how the kid mounts the gun. Neither changed their mount and all was good. Youngest just got his off this summer.

Don't know about a Seitz, but the cost for each boy would have bought two brand new KX-5's with all options! It's amazing what they can do to give kids a great smile. You're giving your child a wonderful gift. Also, buy the best damn mouthpiece that your Orthodontist recommends for football and other sports.

Rod

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Yeah, it won't really cost as much as a Seitz...

Just have to see how it works for him. Just got started this year and was worried about it.

Thanks again

6. Doc G

Doc G Member

If the braces do bother the cheek when shooting, ask your orthodontist for some silicone wax, which will stay in place better and longer than regular wax, which is what is usually given out. The silicone wax is more expensive for the orthodontist, which is why they normally give out regular wax, but most orthodontists keep silicone wax in their inventory for more challenging situations.

If your orthodontist doesn't happen to stock silicone wax, let me know and I'll be happy to send you some.

Dr. Doug

7. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

We're working on a shield for kids wearing braces in all sports. Send me an e-mail on details.

hank Ceoss

8. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

My son wears braces and he has no problems shooting with them

9. perazzi97

perazzi97 TS Member

im 13 have had braces four two years and have never had a promblem shooting with them. not really a thing to worry about. but dont take them shooting tell a couple of days after getting them on they hurt for about the first week

10. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it and feel better about the situation already.

11. zstaylor2

zstaylor2 Member

I shot with braces for a year or more I didn't have a problem.
    Zach

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I just went ahead and had all my teeth pulled so i wouldn't have to worry about it. :0

13. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I wonder how we all survived before braces??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.