1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kicks like a mule-why?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coho, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

At the state shoot I found a lutic with a custom stock. It when I put it up to my shoulder the beads lined up perfectly, I didn’t have to bend my neck at all, I could stand straight up and the gun seemed to fit perfectly. The seller said I could shoot it but when I pulled the trigger it felt like someone hit me in the cheek with a hammer. That was enough for me. I then picked up another gun with a really high rib and it was the same thing, everything lined up with no fidgeting , I didn’t have to bend my neck or twist the gun at all but it kicked,, hard. So the question is why? Does having a high rib and comb make the gun jump more? The lutic even had a recoil reduction deal in the stock and it didn’t seem to help.

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

That and the pitch of the stock could also play a part in cheek slap.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just because the beads lined up,,,,doesn't mean the gun "fit" you,,,,how you mount, hold in your pocket, pressure into your pocket, stand, etc. can lead to kick and/or slap,,,,have someone that KNOWS how to "fit" you and get some ideas what you or the guns may be doing wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.