1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kick reducer for O/U?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I wanted to install a Kick reducer in my 686 and wondered it it would affect the setting of the trigger. I believe it sets by recoil(not even sure about that) and couldn't find anything on the subject so I decided to ask the experts. Will it have any effect on the setting of the trigger? Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Jackie......I don't mean to be premeditatively pre-emptive or erronously apparent, but its called "Recoil"....not "kick"! Mules kick....guns recoil!

4. Shooting Jack

Hipshot3, got it. LOL. Second line would indicate that it's called recoil, however in the advertisement for a recoil reducer I believe you will find that it is refered to as a kick reducer or maybe its because it is named Dead Mule. At any rate, even YOU knew what I was referring to. Have a good evening. Jackie B.

5. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Installing a dead mule in your stock will not prevent your inertia block from setting the trigger for a second shot in a 600 series beretta. It will soften recoil some, but not much. Custom fitting reduces felt recoil more than anything. Kind Regards. Todd Nelson

6. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Believe what Todd Nelson wrote.

Poorly fitting stock dimensions and/or a flawed shooting form is probably responsible for the objectionable recoil you're experiencing.

Rollin

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Jackie

Although adding a recoil reducer (basically a little added weight) to the gun will reduce recoil a little, making the gun fit you will reduce recoil a bunch.

I am one of many who has had my guns fitted to me by Todd. A poorly fitting gun will kick the taste out of your mouth and that's all there is to it!

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have shot guns that kick.

Pat Ireland

9. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Pat me too. I would not shoot without some sort of a Recoil Reducer. My favorite is a Soft Touch.
    Don

10. Shooting Jack

Thanks for your responses. I have really had no problem with recoil until the other day when the only gun I had with me was my 686 and was invited to a dove shoot. Believe me, those 3 3/4 drams 1 1/4 no 7 1/2's gave me a taste of KICK. I thought I would stick one in the gun, just in case I ever got caught like that again. Jackie B.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- I am a bit more extreme than you. You said you would not shoot a gun without a recoil reducer, but I will not pick up a gun that does not have a PFS. I am recoil sensitive.

Pat Ireland

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a G-squared recoil reducer on my 682 Bunker gun, and I've never had any problem.

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Jackie.....You are right! Sometimes I'm just a bloody smartass! I hate people like that.Sorry.....I will push the Devil away next time. Keep on Kicking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.