1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kick-eze recoil pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jvoorheis, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jvoorheis

Jvoorheis Member

Anyone have experience with a Kick-eze recoil pad? Is so, is it effective in reducing recoil? Can it be installed on an adjustable butt plate? Can the LOP be maintained? My gun is going to be at the factory getting a release trigger, and it would be a good time to get the Kick-eze pad installed if I were going to get one.

2. guybo_4

guybo_4 Member

I had a KickEzE installed on all my guns. They work great. LOP may change unless the stock is cut. You may want to ask installer if you want to maintain your current LOP.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

KICK-EEZ recoil pads are the only way to go in my opinion. Have them on my trap guns. They will work just fine with recoil reducers and pad adjusters. As stated above, when adding a pad adjuster you will either have to cut the stock or go with a thinner pad to maintain your current LOP.

Two of my trap guns with KICK-EEZ pads. Both have recoil reducers as well as pad adjusters.

[​IMG]

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I only use Kick-eez pads

5. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Many different shapes are available. Get the one that fits your shoulder and length of pull. Good prices at Natchez Shooter's Supply. Bob

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

FYI

7. hera200

hera200 Member

Its always tough running up hill but here goes. My over/under p gun with original pad was getting a little punchy with its original 30 yr old pad so I decided it was time for a change. Went and bought a kik-eze trap pad and had it installed with no change in pitch. My gun kicks worse than ever now up into the face in particular. Over many years of shooting, I have never found anything that matches a good Pachmayer ventilated pad for recoil reduction. The accordion type venting gives it a little movement that seems to absorb recoil substantially whereas i get none from the solid pads. ALSO TRIED A KIKEZE ON A FIELD GUN and recoil also was worse not better than the original vented pad. Just my personal experience but since you asked I thought I would give you my own experiences. I remember 30 or so years back when the original solid SORBATHANE pads came out and they were raved about. It was certainly not my experience when i tried them. Now that I'm a senior I can really notice any recoil differences but that isn't the only thing thats different!!....BUD

8. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

All pads are made today are good pads, I make stocks and think the right pitch makes more difference than pad for recoil. I to like Pachmayr pads, they last longer and are easy to leather cover. Kick eze pads need more care, if you put them in a rack make sure they fit flat seen to many with hunks of material torn from them. IMO thanks Ronnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable recoil pads trap guns

adjustable recoil reducing butt plate
how to remove a kick eez adjustable recoil pad
kick easy recoilpads for sale ontario canada

kick eez adjustable recoil pad

kick eez trap
kik eze pads
recoil reducing but plates