1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KICK-EEZ Recoil Pad Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I have a Kick-Eez recoil pad on one of my shotguns. I want to reduce the LOP slightly (about 1/8" to 1/4") without cutting the stock. My question is can I somehow grind off about 1/8" to 1/4" off the END of the pad? If so, what is the best way to do it?

Easystreet

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Some pads have hollow cavities inside which may open up if you grind anything off a surface other than the sides. Not sure about Kick-eez pads; they feel pretty solid but.....? If you want to grind pads, a belt or disc sander with 80 ~ 120 grit is pretty much the way to go.

AndyH

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

By grinding the end of the pad you will remove the molded surface finish. This could cause the pad to split later.

Kick-EEZ makes different thickness pads. You could have a thinner pad installed. If you do decide to cut the stock you can re-fit the current pad.

1/8" is almost impossible to detect. I would fit a thinner pad for a 1/4" reduction. That way you can go to a thicker pad if you want to increase the LOP later.

Jim Skeel

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Here is a website that shows the thicknesses of Kickeez pads that are avaliable.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/PROD/kick-eez-recoil-pads/kick-eez-300-series

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I bought out Kick-Eez's red pads and have some in different thicknesses. I sell them for $29.95 each and some minimal postage.

Here's a small selection of what I have.

[​IMG]

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.