1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kick-eez or Limbsaver recoil pad???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I know you didn't mention this one, but I really like the Terminator Pad.

Matt

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Another aspect beside the brand of the pad, might be the model--currently I switched to the Kick-eez modified trap-I think it fits me better, reduces recoil & promotes a more consistant gun mount. But, what works for me is absolutely no guarantee it will work for you. But, examine all the diffferent pad styles not just the brand.

Phil Berkowitz

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Kick-eez, nuff said. Break-em all. Jeff

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jeff said it right, Kick EEZ all the way.---Matt

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Kick-eez

6. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Kick-eez...

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I use Kick-Eez but there are softer pads out there that MIGHT absorb more recoil. However, Kick-eez offers a variety of pad shapes which might make finding one that feels best for you a little easier. I think Limbsavers are softer (have them on several rifles) but to my knowledge, they do not offer a convex pad, which is the shape I prefer on a trap gun. The fit improvement from a pad that fits your chest/shoulder shape best often makes your gun shoot softer than a "better" pad with an edge or tip that digs into your body.

A couple of years ago, I got a selection of pads from numerous companies - Kick-Eez, Gooey, Terminator, Limbsaver and Pachmayer - and asked a half-dozen of my shooting friends to meet me at a club to test them. I wanted to do a comparison test to see in the opinion of more than just one person which pad was best.

We did the test two ways. First, we took turns shooting 10 targets with each pad attached to our guns. Then everyone shot 10 targets with each pad on the same gun. The resulting opinions were all over the place and no one pad was a clear winner.

For overall felt recoil reduction, the Gooey got one more first-place vote than the Kick-Eez and Limbsaver, which were tied for second, with the Terminator and Pachmayer Decellerator one more vote back of the first-place pad. But everyone thought that for as much as most pad installers dislike grinding Gooeys and considering how fast they wear and how much they collect debris when the gun is placed in a rack or on the ground, they would just go with a Kick-Eez for their availability (every pad installer stocks them, it seems) and variety of models. And going back to my previous comment about a pad shape fitting your body, don't foget Gooeys are convex. That could have had as much to do with it winning as its recoil effectiveness, as trapshooters tend to be, well, full-figured.

As I said above, my choice would be a Limbsaver if they offered a convex model. Since they don't, I have the Kick-Eez Rocker on all my trap guns.

One suggestion I will offer to anyone having a pad installed, especially those wanting to use Gooeys, is that if they have an adjustable pad adapter installed at the same time, have the plate to which the pad attaches made the same size as the unground pad. That way, there is no pad grinding needed then or when the pad is replaced in the future and no one will notice the mismatch because the pad's plate will not be perfectly aligned with the plate on the stock.

Ed

8. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I notice trap shooters rarely mention Hi-Viz X-Coil recoil pads. I have found them to reduce felt recoil the best on several hunting guns (including light weight upland guns and waterfowl guns).

9. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I vote for the gooey but have the super gooey on all of my guns. There are some down sides for the super gooey but no other pad decreases recoil like it.
    feel some kick eez pads. They come rock hard to med hard. As stated above pointe your arm foreward and feel the pocket your gun fits in. What shape is the pad?

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

For trap only KickEez. For any low gun shooting Limbsaver.

11. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

635 G mentioned the modified trap -- note that it has a wedge angle and will increase the pitch of your gun. I bought one and after three weeks replaced it with a conventional Kick-eez trap pad.

Chip

12. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Go to Whiz White and get a good deal on Kickeez Jon

13. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Shot both - never noticed any difference between them.

14. JPettengill

JPettengill TS Member

The Limbsaver pad I installed on a Browning Broadway softened and ruined the fleece lining of the Browning case. I think I will only use Kickeez from now on.
    Jim Pettengill

15. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Another vote for the #403 Kick-eez modified trap pad. Best trap pad I have ever used, period!... Dan Thome (Trap2)

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

KickEez.

One came on my 90T and that was it... just put one on a BT99 for my "guest" gun. Variety of styles to choose from... hold up very well.

regards to all,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
kick ease vs limbsaver
kick eez recoil pad review
kick eez recoil pad reviews
kick eez vs limb saver

kick eez vs limbsaver

kick eez vs limbsaver reviews
kickeez vs limbsaver