1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KICK-EEZ Dual-Action pads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cottondoctor, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Has anyone used the KICK-EEZ Dual-Action pads? Are they any better than the standard model? Any problems? Grinding?
    This is how their www site describes them: “Same as our Standard All Purpose except the Dual-Action combines two layers of Sorbothane®. The first ultra-soft layer reacts to absorb recoil fast for increased accuracy and the second layer dissipates energy and completes maximum recoil absorption.”

2. 500sks

500sks Member

I have them and I have ground them. Yes I think they are better less recoil. You will need to use new belt for grinding and make sure to take it slow you don't want to build any heat in the pad the middle softer material gets sticky when you build any heat. I also believe that a belt sander works better than a disk, if you have access. More surface and less heat. I also store my gun on the muzzle as the pad will start to bulb out if you store the gun on the pad.
    Enjoy.

3. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

To answer your questions;

Yes,Yes, Don't grind too fast or they show signs of melting, overall they grind the same.

Noticably less recoil than standard model.

DA-301-10L dual action, versus 301-10L standard.

Michael Stephenson

4. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

500SKS and Michael, Thank you for your reply. I am looking forward to trying them. And as a note to storing guns muzzle down….I try to store all my guns in the safe muzzle down…….something I learned a long time ago from rifles…..barrel actions are heavier than stocks – placing long-guns in the safe muzzle down results in less stress on the stock and bedding. Also, storing muzzle down allows any excess oils, lubes etc. to run, or ooze, away from the action, trigger and bedding area……….so based on reasoning for rifles, I carried the practice over to shotguns. Also, on both shotguns and rifles, you have the issue of weight on the recoil pad as well.
    BUT---let me pass along some advice gained from personal experience. Storing the guns in a safe muzzle-down results in a top-heavy stance…….. If the safe is jarred just a little, or the guns shift a little – they can tip over and fall. So in my safe I have affixed a little gate or cross rod or whatever you want to call it that will prevent a gun from falling out of the safe when the door is opened or left opened. Trust me – that can happen and the resulting “thud” will be the stock hitting the floor (scope on a rifle) …..and you can imagine the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kick eez dual action recoil pad

kick eez dual action recoil pad youtube
kick eez dual action review
kick eez recoil pad reviews
kick eez recoil pads-trap dual action pad
kick eez trap pads
kick-eez dual-action all purpose recoil pad
youtube floor pad kick