1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KFC = Chinese Chickens??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GunDr, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

http://www.france24.com/en/20130226-kfc-cuts-suppliers-after-china-chicken-scare-0

AFP - Fast food giant KFC has cut more than 1,000 farms from its supplier network in China to ensure food safety after a scandal over tainted chicken hurt sales in the key market last year.

The issue came to light when China's commercial hub of Shanghai and the northern province of Shanxi said in December that they were investigating KFC suppliers over claims of high levels of antibiotics in chicken.

The food scare caused a six percent fall in the China sales of KFC's parent Yum! Brands in the fourth quarter last year, deeper than its previous estimate of a four percent decline.

KFC will stop using chicken farms that have potential risk, improve the screening process of suppliers and step up self-inspections to address food safety concerns, the company said in a statement late Monday.

"It will always be our top priority to provide customers with the safest chicken with the best quality," Yum China's chairman and chief executive, Sam Su, said in the statement.

"We have seen some safety problems from the incident... and we aim to address the issue within the shortest time."

KFC also pledged to enhance communication with the government and the public, after the Chinese arm of Yum admitted last month that it failed to inform authorities about tests showing high levels of antibiotics in chicken.

Yum was aware of the issue through testing by a third-party in 2010 and 2011 but did not report to the authorities, the Shanghai government said in December.

China has seen several food safety incidents in recent years, including one of the biggest in 2008, when the industrial chemical melamine was found in dairy products which killed at least six babies and made 300,000 ill.

2. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

Didn't China execute its' top health official over that 2008 incident?

Joe

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Like Donald Trump said...China is not our friend, but may well control our country by 2016

That is not a direct quote, but to my recollection, is close.

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Their poison food has flooded our country. Nobody says much.

Even if a product says USA it can have Chink ingredients.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

It is really hard to find fish that is not imported from china. The chinese farm their fish basically in raw sewage, and have to treat the meat with antibiotocs to make it safe enough to sell. Think about that when you pull up to Red Lobster for your Friday night fish dinner.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Wasn't McDonalds beef from Down under and Brazil at one time ??

Its only going to get worse as the family farm's are disappearing.

Thank taxes and government regulations!!

Oh ya, its the government that checks the FOOD coming into this country from other places, while causing harm to the LOCAL producers!!

Enjoy your kangaroo meat! or was that horse??

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad to know that all the meat and fish we eat is American, it comes from our own farm

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I sure wish all food products had a place of origin.

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

LOL @ B in O !!

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

KFC is now CFC. I wouldn't eat that trash if they bought the meal for me. I remember the first KFC I ever ate. Maybe 1968 of there abouts. It was remarkable. Colonel Sanders knew how to make fried chicken. Unforgettably, one of the greatest taste treats I ever experienced. OH, how far the great have fallen.

12. darr

darr Well-Known Member

They cut off the chickens legs and then they can't wok.

Darr

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

What ever happened to KFC's "Hillary Clinton Chicken Dinner"...you know, the one with two left wings and two fat thighs.

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

KFC????

ahab_2008_0303154.jpg

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I quit eating KFC and other fast food about 10 years ago when I started my weight loss journey. I hadn't eaten it for about 8 years until I went to a meeting that included supper and it was KFC so I tried a piece. I'd forgotten what a greasy mess it was. Never again. I don't miss it even a little bit...

Ron Burr

16. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

I'd like to know where US made KFC chicken is raised. It is some of the scrawniest chicken parts I have ever seen. Frankly, there chicken breast ook like they come off of pidgeons, at least around these parts. Roy Rogers ... now that's some nice fried bird. And its not greasy.

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

All the things that are "healthy" like greens, fruits, olive oil, honey, potatoes, mushrooms, are so full of pesticide and other chemicals, they are hardly healthy.

No matter how much you wash and rinse you can't make them "clean".

18. Brian in Oregon

NJCOP, quote: <i>"I'd like to know where US made KFC chicken is raised. It is some of the scrawniest chicken parts I have ever seen. Frankly, there chicken breast ook like they come off of pidgeons, at least around these parts."</i>

Those are NORMAL size chickens. Sadly, the big plump ones you (and I) desire are chock full of growth hormones to make them that large.

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Brian that's not true, almost all chicken places buy by the pound and sell by the piece, so it is to their benefit to buy small young chickens so they get more pieces per pound

20. Brian in Oregon

Uh huh. So explain the difference in sizes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.