1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KEYSTONE SHOOTING PARK - GRAND OPENING - MAY 1ST

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Allen Chubb, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

“KEYSTONE SHOOTING PARK – A 21st CENTURY RANGE”

A new Olympic Trap venue opened on the east coast this spring. The Keystone Shooting Park (KSP), and is located in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, about 45 minutes north of Harrisburg. KSP has plans for two fully covered fields with the possible inclusion of more in the future. The range is also conveniently located close to both a regional airport (Harrisburg International Airport) as well as a major international airport (Philadelphia International Airport) to better serve shooters. The range became operational on May 1st and will be open 365 days a year, weather permitting. KSP will be the first “Fully Automated” Olympic shotgun range in not only the United States, but the entire world. Operated on a smart key card system, this benefit allows athletes to train at a time and frequency which meets their schedule. For the first time ever, Olympic shooting athletes and enthusiasts from all over the United States will have the opportunity to train in an uninhibited and constructive environment at a range complex that will offer unequalled access.

KSP has entered into an agreement with Perazzi to host the Perazzi USA Grand Prix in Olympic Trap, which will be contested on July 8-10. This Grand Prix will be an annual event and will showcase the Perazzi product line and integrates both innovative and competitor friendly features into the match. On-site gunsmithing will also be offered by Dan Lokker of Giacomo Sporting USA. State Junior Olympic Championships as well as Olympic Camps will highlight the commitment of KSP to promoting Olympic shotgun sports in the United States. To that end, KSP has established special rates for Juniors and both National and Developmental Team athletes in order to give them an affordable training experience at a World Class facility.

KSP’s management designed venue features which incorporate the latest technological innovative features such as a kiosk that contains a keyless digital locking mechanism, auto on-off switches for the trap machines, remote control hydraulic door assists, on-range flat screen scoring monitors as well as a smart card reader for training use. Another feature that competitors will enjoy is the score tracking system, which instantly updates all competitors’ scores electronically during firing. Segmented results are shown on a large wall mounted flat screen television in the club house and those results can also be seen “Real-Time” on the KSP website. KSP is also the first Olympic Trap venue in North America to incorporate a concrete tunnel system which offers protection for maintenance staff as well as provides a true in-house target storage capability of up to 200,000 clay targets.

The bunkers at KSP are European style “Flush” bunkers which face NNE for optimum training conditions. The range is equipped with Mattarelli Traps and Elfipa electronics, which have proven to be a winning team of durability and proven excellence at other venues. Designed from the ground up by shooters, KSP will be a breed apart. For more information call (717-903-9009). The KSP website address is www.keystoneshootingpark.com.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

2. pdq

pdq Member

This sounds absolutely fantastic!

I'd love to have the chance to shoot European style bunker trap.

Pete

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Allen, where can we access a sign up document for the July PTO? Can those who are not members of the sanctioning organization participate? What are the dues if we have to join. Thanks for the info.

4. Allen Chubb

Pete,

Please send me an email and I'd be able to give you information to come out and try your hand at our facility.

Eightbore,

Likewise, please send me an email and I can send you all the documents you need to compete in this event. You do not need to be a member of USA Shooting to fire at our events. Only USA Shooting members will have their scores reported to USA Shooting for registration purposes.

Thanks,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

5. mxrider458

mxrider458 Member

...and only 15 minutes away, guess I'll have to check this out and work more OT to help pay for everything!! LOL

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Their web site gives the address as the same one as the Martz's Game Farm.

Did they level Martz's to build this place?

MK

7. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

Martz Game Farm's...very large area!!!! no need to level anything and the Keystone Shooting Park will be a super shooting spot! Good luck to Allen and all concerned...............Dan B

8. Allen Chubb

Gentlemen,

No, we did not level Martz's Game Farm to build KSP. That would be quite a chore since Martz's own 1,200 acres. No, KSP leased 16 acres from Martz's to the East of their clubhouse and on the North side of the service road from their sporting clays range and at the edge of hunting area 10.

We just spent the last three hours finishing up our website. We have some minor tweaking to do over the next fews days, but I think that everybody will really enjoy the site. It's all about Olympic shotgun with many links to ranges overseas. We intend for this site to grow to be the go-to site for Olympic Shotgun Sports news on the continent.

Our "Donate Now" button is now active and anyone interested in making a tax deductible donation to the cause can do so electronically from their PayPal account. Those that don't have a PayPal account can also donate using the same button which will directly draw the funds from either their checking account or credit card of choice.

The website will be a work in progress until we make it the best one out there for our sports. Once again, thank you all for the kind words and we sure look forward to hearing from all of you in the near future.

Best Regards,

9. Allen Chubb

Ladies & Gentlemen,

We ran through a full battery of testing on our electrical, machinery, microphone and electronics systems yesterday and it all checked out flawlessly. We even shot a couple rounds and the targets appeared dead on the marks. The steel I-Beams will be delivered tomorrow morning for the roofing system over the shooting area and then the roofing contractor will have the entire roof completed by the end of the week if mother nature cooperates. The club house is being delivered tomorrow afternoon as well and then the electricans will begin wiring and cabling the structure for our use. The excavation contractors have been hampered by the rainy weather, but we are 75% completed right now and forecasted weather this week should allow them to catch up and then allow the landscapers to seed the field soon there after.

We are on target to meet our projected Grand Opening events on the weekend of April 30th - May 1st, so please come out to join us as we open the doors on the most accessible and revolutionary Olympic Trap range in North America. We will dedicate the range in a small ceremony at noon time on Sunday, May 1st to the memory of Donald S. Haldeman, Olympic Gold Medalist in Men's Trap at the XXIst Olympiad in Montreal, Canada.

Thank You,

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Congratulations on your new shooting facility. California wouldnt be able to do something like this. Dave Bishop

11. Allen Chubb

Dave,

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, Unfortunately it does appear that California has taken a turn that surely jeopardizes the future of shooting sports in that State.

Best Regards,

12. clb

clb TS Member

Allen,

What a nice gesture dedicating the range to Don Haldeman. Don was 2 years ahead of me in high school, worked with my father in Philly, and my grandfather shot with him many times at their home club. A truly nice man who died too young.

Chuck Bishop

13. Allen Chubb

Chuck,

Thank you so much for your post. Don was a great guy and he was such a joy to have attend our events when I was running the range at the Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club. He really enjoyed hanging out with the guys and he used to get a kick out of draping the medal around their necks. Kind of ironic that you have an Olympic Gold Medalist getting so much enjoyment out of awarding medals to other shooters. We used to sit and talk about him eventually coming back to shoot Bunker if he could regain more use of his left arm, but it wasn't meant to be. It was a cruel way for him to go out and he died way to young. The sign naming the bunker "Haldeman Field" will be erected tomorrow by the sign contractor. I'll take a photo of it and post in here within the next day or two. Please check your personal message box for a message from me.

Best Regards,

14. Allen Chubb

We are proud to share the following photo of the sign erected today at the Keystone Shooting Park construction site denoting the fields dedication to Olympic Gold Medalist Donald Haldeman. I had an opportunity to speak with Don's mother this evening and we are hoping for her attendance at our Grand Opening on May 1st to represent the family.

Best Regards,

15. Allen Chubb

Here is a photo of our entrance sign as well.

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Allen, our son and I were just talking about your facility and tentatively plan to be there on Sunday. I would like to get some information and photos for an article in Shotgun Sports Magazine.

Ed

17. Allen Chubb

Ed,

Thanks so much for the consideration. I'd love to work with you so please drop me an email at the address listed above or you can give me a call on my cell phone (717-903-9009). I took a few really nice photos last week during a surprisingly rare and sunny day. This spring has been difficult to say the least. A news article also appeared in the Harrisburg Patriot News today. Attached is the link below:

http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-sportsman/2011/04/olympic_shooting_range_set_for_unveiling_in_central_pennsylvania.html

There are also going to be articles this week in the Daily Item, the News Item, the Citizen-Standard and the Upper Dauphin Sentinel newspapers. The Pottsville Republican will run a major feature on it as well next Sunday.

Thanks again and give me a call or drop me an email.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb, Jr. - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

18. Allen Chubb

Ladies & Gentlemen,

On behalf of the Board of Directors of Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. I would like to thank all of those that attended our Grand Opening weekend events as well as sent emails of support. We truly enjoyed hosting you all and we welcome you back in the near future.

A special thanks goes out to the New York boys from Rochester (Bob & Billy Kalwas) and Buffalo (Jim O'Brien & Barry Maloney) for their attendance. We had some very enjoyable evenings of drinks and dining to say the least.

Thanks again for your support and your very kind comment about the quality of the KSP facility. We'll see you all again at the Perazzi USA Grand Prix in July.

Best Regards,

19. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Allen,
    You have a PM.
    Chichay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dan lokker and allen chubb

keystone range and allen chubbs