1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kern Co.'s Gold Rush

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rmngtngrl, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

WOW!!!! What a great shoot...80+ shooters, warm weather (o.k. o.k. so some would call it hot), great family style BBQ on saturday night, great scores posted, all around great shoot put on by the folks at Kern.They have really gone all out to make this a nice place to shoot and it shows,,,the targets looked great and there were a bunch of 98's and 97's posted...even a 99, and this is all hanicap!. This club just keeps getting better and better...It was really great to see the long yardage guys posting huge scores and to see so many junior shooters turning out to shoot at this gold rush shoot...Keep up the great work guys and we will definatly be back for another round of fun and games next shoot....

Kym (and the wild bunch from the coast)

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

It was great fun and a well run shoot, even if it was 103! Fred

3. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

While it would be so much fun to hold on to anything!!! substantial,I am going to head north to Kingsburg and shoot for my state shoot targets and to acclaimate myself to the HOT weather, therefore giving myself an unfair advantage for the state shoot....The Tony-Steve Showdown ought to be something to see though...be sure to take photos I would love to see this.... Steve did shoot extremely well at Kern Co. and was wondering,along with the rest of us, where Tony was??? Kym

4. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Anyone posting the results??

Augie

5. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

I am sure that after the great scores that Steve threw up at Kern(not only Steve but many others too) he is ready for Tony and knowing how delicate Tony is he would not want to devastate him yet again , one can only take so much and judging from all the reports coming from down south this weekend the hold he has on those delicate feelings is tenuous at best....It will be hard to make a decision as to which shoots to attend here in the next few weeks, and since I am going to be working on the trophy room this weekend ( I know I know you are so impressed with my dedication to my job) Kingsburg it is for me...however I expect reports regularly....Tell Tony that if he can't get up early enough to catch Steve before he leaves the drive way...just place the GPS locator on his car a few days before....and then just "happen to show up" at the same place....Our friend Freddie seems really nervous around me latley but I am sure you will reaasure him I am harmless..... I can't wait to see what Freddie caught...send pix!!!!....

Kym

6. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Another note on this shoot this last weekend, I just received a call from a shooter who had attened and wanted to let me know that the group of junior shooters that were there were among the most pleasant and enjoyable that he had been around in a long time. While these kids were not mine personally, they were wearing their SCTP shooting vests indentifing where they came from. This gentlemen proceeded to tell that he was not only impressed with way these young people conducted themselves on the trapline but the way that the "whole motley lot of them roamed over the gun club like a pack of happy pups", together,. As one of these kids' coaches I was very happy to recieve a call like this....these kids joined the SCTP (some of them just this year some have been shooting more) and have taken the to heart the spirit of what the SCTP meant to do, that was to introduce young poeple to the shooting world. I just wanted to let these kids know that people are watching and it is always nice to know when someone notices something positive. I know that these kids and their parents look at this forum and I just wanted to say thanks for making such a good impression on people while representing your club away from home...

Not only did they have a great time and make a few new friends they shot great to boot....

Kym

7. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

Kym, I would just like to say that I second what the gentelman said about those kids, I have shot with some of them, and they are very good shooters, but they are also very polite and respectful, it is a pleasure to see them walking around. Norm Van Pelt

8. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Thank you Norm, we as coaches are sure proud of them...so I can only imagine how proud their parents must be.....

Bob....be sure to keep me posted....as a good many of both "Super Steve" and "Tremendous Tony" fans will be in Kingsburg with the need to know how things are going.....I sure hope the Freddie photo will be print worthy...

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

who won

10. viperrt

viperrt Member

I don't think there will be a showdown in SD. Tony told me Saturday he is playing in a golf tournament and won't be able to be in SD. Bill

PS-Kambra Sean Brawner shot a 98 on Sunday morning and made the 27 yard line. Great shooting Tu Tu!

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

who won the 400 handicap one ounce gold coin

12. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Steve Smith won the the big buckle, he posted nothing under 95 I believe....Maybe that is why Tony is thinking the greens...

Kambra shot great!!! ran the front 50 and then 2 24's very nice shooting to make the 27 yd line indeed...

13. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

I did not realize that Tony was a card carrying member of the Nevada Miniture Golf Association..Must be an important tourament for him to miss such a wonderful opportunity to have that showdown with Steve... ...let's hope no other big dogs decide to join in this showdown...July at Santa Maria should be perfect...but if worse comes to worse there is a miniture golf course close by if anyone needs an out....Bob,,,can I still have the option of holding the "substantial incintive"...these gold rush shoots are just too good too be true to begin with and now with the added bonus of the BIG SHOWDOWN I can hardly wait....

14. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Kym: Would love to get all the results on the webstite...got anything for me?
    Walt (e-mail me if you need my fax #)

15. samalbi

samalbi TS Member

As a parent of one of the SCTP kids that shot the Gold Rush this weekend I would like to thank KCGC for the great shoot and hospitality. Reading and hearing the compliments about our kids is great, I couldn't be prouder of my son and all the kids. They all shot well and showed great respect for the game and their fellow shooters. I told them all, that long after the wins and losses are forgotten they will be remembered for how they conducted themselves, and they did me proud. Congratulations to Kambra on reaching the 27!!! Thank you to all the SCTP coaches for introducing these kids to the game and to all the people who support these kids on the line and behind the scenes. You are all greatly appreciated. Thank you, Scott Dickinson, a proud trap dad

16. steve smith

steve smith TS Member

who's keeping track? i haven't shot a single winter chain to date. i know, not like me at all. i have been very busy these days with work. after work, i have been trying to get the motorhome washed. i am still trying. only put 1500 miles on the thing. funny, it has over 8000 miles and enough bugs on the windshield to show for it. till scrubbing away. going to be busy for a while longer.until friday night when i leave for san diego and my first winter chain to date. i really do miss tony though? haha We had a great time in bakersfield as always. those guys put on a great shoot. yummy foodand good friends. hey, if you guys talk to tony, tell him i think i will start golfing again. i have had an eagle (on a coin) a few birdies (pigeons) and am ready to take out the greens. ps: tony, forget the miniature golf this weekend. see ya in san deigo, you scud missle woman chaser. Or is it a mini bottle rocket? see everyone in san deigo. steve

17. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Steve, you're the man. Any guy that will post his name is the man. In my opinion, you can shoot with the the best of Trap shooters and win some. I don't know any trap shooter that wins them all. Not even Goomba Tony!

You might be a goomba if:

Your godfather is a godfather

Your wife and your girlfriend are cousins

You have an everyday sweat suit and a going-out sweat suit

Every guy at your wedding was called Tony

You think getting a slice is a romantic dinner

“A Goomba’s Guide To Life.” by Sopranos Steven R. Schirripa

18. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

THE RESULTS FOR THE SHOOT ARE ON THE CGSTA WEBSITE. BIG JIM (BISOGNO)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.