1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kerighoff or beretta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by il shooter, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. il shooter

il shooter Member

which one would you buy kx 5 or 687 single

2. SanDiegoShooter

SanDiegoShooter TS Member

Agree with Kolardude. I have 2 Ethchen berettas and really like them. Great gun for the money.

3. SanDiegoShooter

Agree with Kolardude. I have 2 Ethchen berettas and really like them. Great gun for the money.

4. SanDiegoShooter

5. SanDiegoShooter

6. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I had a KX5 Kept it one week, tnen I got lucky got a good deal on a Beretta combo 682 and i Love it..... Its a keeper

7. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I might as well give the first contrary opinion.

The Beretta 68x series are fine guns. My first was a well-used 682 combo in 30/34, pull. Then a new 682 Greystone (from Joel Etchen) in 32/34, in which I had Allem double releases. Concurrently, I picked up a little-used old black frame 682 unsingle combo, 32/34, with a Bowen release/pull. Only trouble I ever had was a broken inertia lever spring in the Greystone. No, not the inertia return spring, the inertia lever spring. Tiny little thing, replaced it myself.

I went to a KX-5 without regrets. Partly it's subjective, as I always felt the Berettas were slightly muzzle-light. Objectively, the lockwork is simpler in the KX and the parts are better made/finished. If you shoot pull, the factory Krieghoff trigger is far better than the Beretta.

Either one if fine, so pick what you like. Make sure it fits. Good luck.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Had a KX5 and sold it. It was a great gun and I put a PFS stock on it. My problem was that I have a have some arthritis in my thumb joint and the KX5 uses the release to cock the gun. After some time it became painful. I traded it for the 682 Gold E Combo and have been very pleased.

Either gun will serve you well.

9. il shooter

il shooter Member

thanks for the input

10. pirate shooter kx-5

pirate shooter kx-5 TS Member

i shoot a kx-5 and i love it. greatest gun i've ever shot. in my opinion much better than a beretta. except there is no combo option if you like shooting doubles so i have a browning ultra xs for doubles.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Yes, definately the Perazzi.

12. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

No question, the Beretta can be made a combo. It is less expensive and it is a good gun.

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Yeah ..... buy a P-Gun...shoot a hundred rounds and watch the trigger fall out!!

You wanna throw money away...buy a P-Gun.....

Curt

14. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've owned eight Krieghoffs including one KX-5 and can honestly say they are very high quality guns backed by equally high quality service. You can't go wrong with a Krieghoff.

A few years ago, I bought one of Joel Etchen's Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II trap combos for our son and was so impressed with it, especially for the money, that I did a gun test on it for Shotgun Sports Magazine. I have stated numerous times that if I ever buy another trap combo for myself, it will be one of those Berettas. Well, I kept my word just this past Monday.

Both are very good choices and I don't think you can go wrong with either one but the bang-for-the-buck appeal of the Beretta is hard to ignore.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.