1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kentucky Voters Support Republican Candidates

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by School Teacher, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Democrats hold a large margin in voter registration in Kentucky but Kentucky typically supports Republican candidates in national elections. This trend was repeated on Election Day.

Kentucky voters supported John McCain in a big way and Kentucky was the first state called for McCain.

Kentucky voters also re-elected Senator Mitch McConnell to a 5th term where he will return as Senate minority leader. I am sure that Mitch will do all he can to ensure that all gun owners and sportsmen receive a fair deal in the Congress.

Kentucky also elected 4 Republican congressmen (Kentucky has 6 Representatives) with the Democrats only electing 2 congressmen. One of these was from the Louisville area and one from the Lexington area. These are Kentucky’s largest cities and are heavily Democratic.

Barack Obama is now our President Elect and he deserves our support. There will be future elections and the people will be able to re-elect or replace our elected officials.

The next 4 years will be challenging and despite his low approval rating, President Bush kept us free and safe. Our economy is still fundamentally sound and the envy of the world. President Bush had to deal with 9/11 and the never ending turmoil in the Middle East.

I hope and pray that President Elect Obama can keep us safe, restore our prosperity and lead us to energy independence. He made a lot of promises and now has to make good on those promises or he may become even more unpopular than President Bush.

As an aside, I was working outside a poll supporting a school board candidate on Election Day. A young man asked a question about the election, went in, voted and began to walk home. In the early morning with the sun just coming up, he stepped out into traffic and was struck and killed. EMS responded within a few minutes but young man died. All of this took place within about 15 minutes. The sound of impact was loud and horrible. He was knocked to the side of the road and his shoes were still in the street. Life is so short and he was so young.

America will be OK and that which does not kill us only makes us stronger. God Bless the USA.

Ed Ward

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

I look at it this way. Obama already has a disapproval rate of about 50%. With a litle hard work and some luck thrown in we can increase this dramatically over the next four years.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Since Kentucky voted Republican, I will never question their handicap yardage at a calcutta again! You guys rock!

4. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

For the record, there are 1.6 million registered Democrats and 1.1 million Republicans in Kentucky. I feel proud that Kentucky resisted the temptation of drinking obama kool-aid.

Kentucky is a state of 120 counties of which 6 went with obama. The two largest areas, Lexington and Louisville went with obama. A line can be drawn where obama and McCain votes separate. Nearly all the inner city population of these two cites went obama, while virtually all the suburban and urban areas went for McCain.

Why Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Virginia went obama is perplexing. Missouri may have went obama as well, for the race there has not yet been declared.

Perplexed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.