1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kentucky Shooters - Area Info on Shooting Sports

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deercreek, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Looking for some info from Kentucky shooters. I might have a few upcoming days in the state and would like to hit a couple of ranges. Mainly looking for sporting clays but would do skeet also (I can do trap around home if I get the urge). Also would not mind some really nice pistol ranges (indoors or outdoors---steel targets would be great too) but clay sports come first. I have a general area of Louisville to Mammoth Cave area, then over to London, Hazard areas and then around Lexington and up to the Cincinatti area. Will not really be west of I-65 for the most part. Extreme southern Indiana could be included. I am looking for some nice places and nice people. Thanks in advance !!!

2. browning820

browning820 TS Member

try indian hills in georgetown ind just 10 minutes north of louisville and there is a new place just north of mammouth cave in park city called rockcastle

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Bluegrass Sportsman just outside Lexington

4. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

That is Indian Creek Shooting Center, Georgetown, In. Their web-site has directions.

5. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Www.bgslinc.com. Great sporting clays. Elk Creek in Owenton has SC. The Gun Warehouse has indoor pistol range in Lexington.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Bluegrass Sportsman is a beautiful facility with some of the nicest people. Plus I love the Lexingtom area where my daughter went to UK. We have a boxer named after Lexington = Lex. Fred from Calif.

7. Murphy

Murphy Member

Jefferson gun Club has skeet, trap, sporting. I-65 south from Louisville to Brooks exit, turn right go to light after crossing rr track turn right cross rr tracks again turn right into club. Closest to Louisville by far. www.jeffersongunclub.com 502-957-4661

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.