1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kent shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

anyone shoot or have shot Kent shells? Opinions on them?

Thanks.

2. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I have shot some of their 1 1/2 ounce 4 1/4 dram in long range shoot off games. They kill on both ends!!

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I used to shoot the 1 1/16 Oz. for handicap, liked them a lot ... They raised their prices where they were costing more than Remington Nitro's so I quit shooting them and started shooting Nitro's ... I'm not sure Kent could lower the price enough to make me switch back ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

their sporting loads use Diamond Shot, supposely it's high quality shot comparable to the other pricey shells brands (e.g. Nitro, STS, Win AA, etc.). I was qouted about $70/case for their sporting 7/8oz and 1oz loads so I may start shooting these. I am shooting 1 1/8oz Gamebore Diamond Shot loads and these kill targets a long way out. I never heard of Diamond Shot before....

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Tried them a few years ago. Had two duds in the first flat. Went to Kemen and never looked back.

TB

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I had excellent results with Kent shells.. BUT.. 8 out of 25 punctured them primers.. That was the end of my shooting Kent shells.. They shot great.. and crushed targets..I just can't live with the rupturing primers..

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

PerazziBigBore- Your firing pin ruptured primers and mine would not strike the primers hard enough to fire the shells. I guess your thing is longer than mine.

Pat Ireland

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

The problem with punctured primers is Cheddite primers. Kent like many of the European Boutique shell assembles buys a primed hull from cheddite then assemble the shell.

Primer piercing is why I will not use Cheddite primers.

TB

9. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I've been shooting Cheddites for years in 5 different guns. Never had a pierced primer, or, in fact, even a dud!

Remembering past discussions on this subject, I seem to recall that it was Perazzi that had the piercing problem the most.

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Tom.. Thanks for that info.. My Perazzi's shoot everything..with no issues.. While the Kent shell shot fantastic.. the ruptured prime thing is new to me..Thus.. I quit shooting them.. The patterned extermely well and hit hard..I hope they have solved this problem.. The last time I shot them was 3 years ago..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.