1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenosha Teachers say "BYE_BYE" to Union

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GunDr, Sep 13, 2013.

1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

"Teachers in Kenosha, Wisconsin - the third largest school district in the state -- have voted overwhelmingly to free themselves from the clutches of the teachers union, the Kenosha Education Association, which will now disband."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/09/teachers_union_decertified_in_wisconsin_comments.html#disqus_thread

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Kenosha Teachers say

Long Live Scott Walker!

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

Good news!!! Unions are not good for this country. Bring it on union lovers

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

Was shocked when I read that earlier this week. Kenosha is one of the most liberal cities in Wisconsin. I thought the Union was king there. A true sign that reality is setting in.

SW

5. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

Great move.

6. Ertz

Ertz Member

Kenosha Teachers say

I used to service some equipment at the AMC factory in the early 80's. I would imagine the loss of the plant reduced the number of union members.

7. 548

548 Guest

Kenosha Teachers say

The teachers lost their right to collective bargaining as a result of Scott Walker's new law.

This put total control in the hands of the school board. And so at that point, the value received from those union dues paid is significantly reduced.

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

The only "value" union dues bring, is to those like Comrade Trumka and his hence men/women.

I wish I could get all mine back, never helped me one bit.

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

Maybe they got mad when they realized they weren't exempted from Boehnercare........

10. butcher

butcher Member

Kenosha Teachers say

The wages and benefits wouldn't be what they are today without unions. The workers and employers would be better served working together instead of bickering. Everything in moderation

11. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Kenosha Teachers say

Union vs. management has been a pendulum since the onset of the union movement. With the exception of the gov't employee's unions, the pendulum has been heavy on the management side for over ten years. It is time for the public sector unions to make the sacrifices their private sectors have been doing. Most states that are in fiscal trouble are there due to excessively large retirement packages for union and non union retirement benefits.

12. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Kenosha Teachers say

when have you seen a working mans retirement package to be excessively large? Most management forget that without someone out there to do the sweating, Management has no job.The most outrageous retirement package in the US today is the one congress deals themselves, great retirement, no accountability, unlimited spending, and no obligation to meet timelines,not to mention perks, the ones we aren't suppose to find out about.

13. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Kenosha Teachers say

Well said Twinbirds, I couldn't agree more.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Kenosha Teachers say

The only thing I ever found to be beneficial as far as Unions go were the Insurance benefits and now the pension check every month ... I was in the Teamsters for 20 years and never once did I get the Union involved in anything between me and any Company I worked for ... I had one grievance that was settled with and by my Boss and I, never got beyond that or needed to ... I gave them a days work for a days pay, they were Happy and so was I ... I do not support the Unions today because everyone is out for themself, it started back when I was still in the Union and has only gotten worst over time ... Nothing is like it once was and it will never be again ... Collecting 2 pensions plus, when my wife retires she is eligible for 3 pensions so we will be just fine ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

In Illinois recently the State Board of Education has by new rules reduced the power of unions and the concept of tenure for teachers. Under the new rules two teachers with the same rating of their performance, one with one year on the job the other with 20 years on the job, if only one teacher is needed then the district has the right to choose, tenure and years of employment have no bearing. In Illinois with the political armies built on the back of unions the state is destroying the monster (Unions) that can no longer be sustained.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

Bruce, if that's the case why did the Chicago teachers get such a lopsided ridiculous victory? The people lost big time there.

HM

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

HM it's not over you havent' nor wopuldn't see what I wrote about, it is still yet to hit beyond the doors of schools.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Kenosha Teachers say

548, once again you spout incorrectly. the Wisconsin teachers still have the right to bargain collectively for wages and other considerations. What they lost was the right to bludgeon the districts into buying union sponsored health insurance and protection for incompetent teachers.

The savings to school districts has been monumental.

Using the teachers union to launder money into Democratic campaign funds is a thing of the past according to the latest court ruling.

"Google Act 10 upheld"

HM