1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kennedy Jr. and Global Warming

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by chipped1, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Just so we never forget. Source = Washington Examiner 2/2007

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who flies around on private planes so as to tell larger numbers of people how they must live their lives in order to save the planet, wrote a column last year on the lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers.

In those days, I recall my uncle, President Kennedy, standing erect as he rode a toboggan in his top coat, never faltering until he slid into the boxwood at the bottom of the hill. Once, my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy, brought a delegation of visiting Eskimos home from the Justice Department for lunch at our house. They spent the afternoon building a great igloo in the deep snow in our backyard. My brothers and sisters played in the structure for several weeks before it began to melt. On weekend afternoons, we commonly joined hundreds of Georgetown residents for ice skating on Washington's C&O Canal, which these days rarely freezes enough to safely skate.

Meanwhile, Exxon Mobil and its carbon cronies continue to pour money into think tanks whose purpose is to deceive the American public into believing that global warming is a fantasy.

Having shoveled my walk five times in the midst of this past weekend's extreme cold and blizzard, I think perhaps RFK, Jr. should leave weather analysis to the meteorologists instead of trying to attribute every global phenomenon to anthropogenic climate change.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/news/rfk-jr-15-months-ago-global-warming-means-no-snow-or-cold-dc#ixzz1CFyi4Fwq

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"Everybody talks about the weather but nobody ever does anything about it".

HM

3. bigunn

bigunn TS Member

Remember he is a kennedy they we're all dumber than a box of hammers.

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

How cold is the Chappaquiddick this time of year??

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Cold---How dumb are we in this country to put up with these LIBS---If they ever had to work for a living they'd be a 0---JMO---SJB---

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A Kennedy is a huckster pulling a scam?

Does this surprise anyone?

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

A prime candidate for my weekly TV awards show, "Now I Am Irrelevent". Perhaps even a "special".

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Bill O'Reilly used to talk about global warming on his radio show and mention how "the winters aren't anything like they were when I was growing up". Wonder how that crow tastes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.