1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ken Ruckers New Auto- Buster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

FYI - Ken says this is actually aluminum ( silver in color) not sure why it appears gold?

[​IMG]

I got this in an email from Ken so I am going out on a limb and put it on here

[​IMG]

2. cubancigar2000

FYI - Ken says this is actually aluminum ( silver in color) not sure why it appears gold?

[​IMG]

I got this in an email from Ken so I am going out on a limb and put it on here

[​IMG]

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Sorry it took me so long to post....first, a big thank you to CubanCigar for posting the photo for me...

This is the new Auto-Buster, developed for the gas gun crowd!! It is a dual spring reduction system with a pad adjuster. It has the least amount of intrusion into the stock of any system available, allowing us to do some pretty cool stuff...like an 1100 with recoil reduction, a pad adjuster and an lop as short as 13 1/2"!!!!(WITHOUT ALTERING THE ACTION SPRING). The picture above is of a SuperX-1 that will get run thru it's paces by David Chandler of Hull, Texas, this weekend and next at a couple of sporting clays events. We'll be ready to start installing these systems in about 2 weeks. It can be installed on most autoloaders in use today.

If you want more info and a picture of the system out of the stock, email at the address above and we'll reply with a flyer. Thanks!!

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

4. cubancigar2000

email sent, I want in line for an install

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

A 1/2" flat Kickeez....yes, they will be available for others to install in the near future.

Ken

6. cubancigar2000

up for Ken

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Many thanks to cubancigar for all your help the past 2 days!!!

Ken

8. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Ken,
    Would you have a price yet? Also it says for autoloaders.. what about O/U ?

Thanks
    WesleyB

9. cubancigar2000

I too would like to know the cost. Not that it makes a big difference as I already have plans to ship my stock but it would be nice to know

10. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Guys,

I saw this new system in Ken's shop about a month ago. I am trying to get something fixed up for a grandson and he pulled it out to show me what was coming. Should be slick. Everything else Ken has come up with that I've used has been first rate.

HBT

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The unit itself is 1", pad not included.

Ken

13. WesleyB

Ken, Would you have a price yet? Also it says for autoloaders.. what about O/U ?

Thanks WesleyB

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Will it work on an o/u? No reason it won't, although I've only shot the prototype on an 1100. Recoil in a gas gun vs a break open gun is different. In my experience, spring systems like this work better on gas guns than other guns. The Auto-Buster was developed to fit some specific needs that could not be met by any other available system. It looks like preliminary pricing is going to run in the $375 area, installed. That will include 2 pads, one for summer lop and another for winter, and 3 sets of springs for different rates of reduction. I won't have the first run of production parts for a few more days,so pricing could vary a little when I get the real invoice.

Ken

15. WesleyB

Thank you Ken for the great info. I am sure it will serve its purpose. Custom made like no other!!

16. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

It will work great on a Jack West stock.....we already have plans to do several of them for a dealer. The 1/2" Kickeez pad is a 301-5-L-B.

Ken

17. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

18. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Got a report a little while ago from David Chandler ( the owner of the SX-1 stock in the picture above).He shot a Sporting Clays tournament in the Houston area with it today. In his words: "it performed flawlessly!" . He said a lot of shooters tried it on the practice area and everyone was favorably impressed. I've had a lot of inquiries already and even had two stocks dropped off at the shop today to be done as soon as parts arrive.

Ken

19. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

20. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Nice job, Mr. Rucker...and it certainly looks like it addresses an open need and market. Best of luck with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
auto buster recoil reducer reviews

ken rucker auto buster

ken rucker auto buster on youth gun

ken rucker auto buster review

ken rucker autobuster
ken rucker speedbump pad adjuster
reviews of ken ruckers auto buster
which springs to use on auto buster recoil system