1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ken Robertson(?) dvd

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bjk1972, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Has anyone ever seen a Ken Robertson(sp?) instructional video on DVD?
    The one I'm referring to had his dad and son Scott in it. My nephew is getting going, and I always thought that was a good video. Sadly mine is on VHS and misplaced at the moment.

2. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Check Shotgun Sports Magazine, they have the DVD for sale.

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I have one....great for beginners, but if you re-watch it you just might remember something that you forgot....

4. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Many years ago I remember attending a lot of Kens classes--we were good friends-- and I never ceased to be amazed at how he diagnosed beginners shooting problems and returned then to the right fundamentals of proper shooting. In person he was incredible, and that's why Pachmayer hired him to do the video! In short get the tape or disc and show it to new shooters! You cannot go wrong. Phil S.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Gosh, such memories...I remember once pulling for Gene Robertson and his friends years ago in the early 90's...they were out there practicing. Talk about being nervous...Gene gave me some wonderful advice...great people, I couldn't resist stating with pride that I had the good fortune to meet Gene.

6. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Chango2, And let me guess, Gene was shooting his trusted K-32 right? Kenny preferred his MX-8 which I shot many times, the gun I watched Scotty break his first 25 straight at the old International trap range in El Monte Calif now known as Triple b's. I think Scott was 9 or 10 at the time.

I know Gene and Ken are both in the Calif hall of fame as well they should.

I met them because Kenny loved to shoot geese with me and my guide service in Calif back in the late 70's and early 80's Boy those were the days--I have many fond memories! Phil Simms former guide and now full time stockmaker

7. clayman51

clayman51 Member

I cannot tell you how many times I have watched that tape. So many good points for new shooters. I seen scotty up at Vandalia some years back, about two foot taller than he was in the tape. Stopped to talk to him for a while, very polite young man.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ken robertson trap

ken robertson trap basics