1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kemen

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Frank C, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I shot some 3 dram Kemen's at the Southern Grand, kicked the sh$% (snot) out of my shoulder (drew blood!) NEVER had that happen in 10+ yrs of shooting, anybody else have the same results with these shells- FC

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Frank, No problem here. I use mostly the 2 & 3/4 dram loads for singles and they are fine. Just like any other load with the same powder. I have not tried the 3 dram loads though. They are the Premium loads from Spain. I find them to be very good loads. Better than the Rio's I was getting. Were you still frozen from being in the cold perhaps. LOL Sorry to hear you had trouble with them. Break-em all. Jeff

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Great shells. Got more 25s from my first case than any others. Hard to extract but after a 25 straight, who cares.

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Not at all. I shot 2000 Kemens last year and never even got a bruise. That's very odd.
    -Trappy

5. Frank C

I shot both the 3 dram and the 2 3/4, the light ones were fine, but man those black 3 dr were something else. Hit all the birds hard tho....

6. Frank C

I shot both the 3 dram and the 2 3/4, the light ones were fine, but man those black 3 dr were something else. Hit all the birds hard tho....

7. Frank C

8. Frank C

must have developed a flinch from them....lol

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

That's a fl....fl....fl....flinch!

AndyH ;-)

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

Get a release mouse! IMMEDIATELY!!

Don Verna

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Funny stuff Frank. I shoot reloads in deference to the recoil that some of the lesser cost shells put out. I stand on the 25 and next ot my bud Jerry Demulling (All-Amer-Jer) and he pounds my head with super-duper big shot snot knockers. Trya nd concentrate after haveing about 20 concussions like that. He is to blame.

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I have shot Kemens for over 5 years and no problen. Shot 3 dr 1 0z., HDCP loads and 2 3/4 1 1/8 oz. Also NEVER had a misfire

13. Frank C

I had one misfire to boot, (deep primer) in a total of two flats, anyway, back to my reliable reloads!!!

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Frank; I totally concur with you on the Black 3dram 11/8 loads. I bought 2 boxes and they gave me a headache with a lot of recoil. A shooter on my hdcp squad shot 4 boxes and ended up with a bloody shoulder and sold the rest of the flat. I have shot just about every kind of shell out there and nothing kicks like these.

Don

15. Frank C

I am glad it wasn't just me then!