1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kemen Shotshells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Are Kemen shells any good?

2. Sam M

Sam M TS Member

To be fair, I only shot 200 Kemens at Silver Dollar this year. My experience was not good. Out of 200, I had 3 not fire and about 20 sounded weird like a cocked wad or something. I have shot a couple thousand rounds since of various shells with no problems. Also, a guy on a squad in front of us at the dollar was shooting them with a lot of the "cocked wad" sounds.

I don't want to beat them down, but my experience wasn't good.

3. Westie

Westie Member

I'm not a big time shooter but they are my shell of choice.

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Lots of shooters at the Dollar use them and two of my punches were received when I was using Kemens, both when it was quite windy.

I don't credit the shells with the punches, I just happened to be using them when I pointed the gun in the right place and managed to stay in the gun for the events. I have used the same shells and, after the event, wondered why I had bothered to complete that event since I was missing so often.

Bob

5. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Excellent; easily as good as Winchester AA's. I purchase 100 flats per year.

Doc

6. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

I also shot them at the Silver Dollar. I wish the boxes weren't so flimsy.....

7. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Yeah, the boxes stink if you try to save them for holding other, reloaded, shells. I don't save them or the Gun Club boxes (since GC boxes often let go just as I pick the box up and I play 25 round pick-up).

Bob

8. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

I bought mine at silver dollar and they costed me 2 yards in the next shoot I shot. so yes I love them wish I had some more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kemen shells