1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kemen Shell,s

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gunnerandbabe, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

How do you like Kemen shell,s on the 27?

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shoot the 3 dram 7 1/2's from the 25 and get smoke breaks. Light recoil also. I shoot the 2 3/4 from the 16 with smoke breaks. No failures. Steel heads, so they are a little hard on the receiver. But right now, I bought them because of the price. I really cannot tell any difference in them from any other shell. hope this helps, Roy

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jack, I shoot the Rio's also. They do have more recoil with the same breaks. The Rio and Kemen come from the same factory in Spain. As far as the brass color, it is my understanding from speaking with John Gill, the rep., they are all steel headed regarding the trap loads. These steel heads do not like a Ljutic. They seem to hang in the chamber. I shoot Winchester and Federal thru my Ljutic. Hope this helps, Roy

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Note: The latest Kemen shells have a shorter brass section which should eliminate the shells hanging up in the Ljutic/Seitz/Alferman style guns. I just received some of the new ones and have not had an opportunity to shoot them however I will report here if they don't stick in my gun.

Bob Schultz

5. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Mr. Schultz, what are the cost of these shells? I have never seen them in this area.

Matt

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob- I am very interested in your anti stick results. If they work in your gun, I will need a box to test in my gun at the Dixie. If they work for me, we will have a little chat.

Pat Ireland

7. Bob Schultz

Pat,

Don't you shoot a K-80? They shouldn't stick in one of those. What happens to the steel base upon firing causes the problem with guns whose ejectors don't lift the empty 1/8" or so when you first open the gun. Perazzi and Krieghoff do and ejection should not be a problem. Guns like the Seitz, Alfermann and Ljutic rely on only spring presure to eject the shell. I'll give you a box of shells anyway! If you are suffering from premature ejection .... well shells won't help.

Bob

8. Bob Schultz

Matt,

Kemen shells and Rio are made in the same factory in Spain. The Kemens use a higher cost, very clean powder and a slightly better wad and primer. All Kemen shells have hard shot. I have been shooting and selling them for almost 10 years and have been pleased with the consistency of the shells from batch to batch. We can drop ship orders of 100 flats to you. Unfortunately the shipping costs for smaller orders tends to make it not worth the effort. Call me on my toll free # 800-684-6329 or email me at the above address for a price quote.

Thanks

Bob Schultz

9. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Have been shooting Kemen for five yearrs and NEVER had a misfire. and like Bob said, they due burn exceptionally clean and pattern very well. Kemen is used by many Top Sporting Clay shooters. Best kept secret in the business. You won't be disappointed.

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Gunnerandbabe, I shoot a good number of Rio's and Kemen shells. As said above the Kemen shells are the top shelf shell of UEE, and are made in Spain. I have cut open several of both loads, and find the hull,primer,powder and wad to be exactly the same to the eye. Both are clean burning. The main difference is that the Kemen's are the premium shells. They have a higher 5% antimony lead and a better sized hull. The Rio's (blue)have a lower 3% antimony load and I have noticed they are a bit poorly sized. Some shells fit into chamber fine and others a bit loose and others still a bit on the tight side. The Kemens are just as good as win. AA's or Rem. STS's, with two slight down sides. One some say that they shoot poorly in cold weather if not kept warm in club house until time to shoot. and Second they are Euro shells (shot size is slightly smaller than american)and all that I have tried have a slightly different hull lip that is thinner and the lip does not extend out quite as far as a american hull. This can be a problem is some firearns. Mostly the higher end guns built to higher spec's I guess. Down here I never had a problem with cold weather so no problems that way for me. The green Rio's are also a high end shell with 5% antimony as well. these can bought at a slightly less price than the Kemans with no difference. These shells are mostly 1250 fps or faster for sporting clays. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob- My K-80 will not eject many of the brands of discount shells. RIO hulls will only come out of my barrel with the help of a long rod. Centurion, Estates and Federal Top Gun shell work fine. Gun Club stick 1-3 times per box. RIO stick every time. My gun is very fussy about what it eats.

Pat Ireland

12. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

hey Kemen shell are the Top choice of the Annie shooters in Chicago.They destroy targets from 27 30 35 yrd line. Some shooter have problem with sticking after a shot but for the greater part of it they work great.Wish we could get the pricing down the way it was before. Chuck

13. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Have shot Kemen in Perazzi and Trap Special with no problems

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Pat: If you would change that purple color of your stock those shells would work better. They are embarassed and don't want to come out.

Don

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- If I remember correctly, Kemen shells are purple. Also, most of my shooting underwear is purple and, as you know, it is important to have your underwear match your stock when shooting handicap. This will improve patterns by 4%. If you like, I will make up a graph to demonstrate this.

Pat Ireland

16. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Thank,s you guys I think i,ll try some. Jess

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

I can tell you how to get a very good deal on Kemen shells. Buy them from Bob Schultz at a shoot. Tell him you want to test them and ask Bob to stand behind you and see how the shells are working. You can get a private shooting lesson this way. Bob is a AAA/27/AAA shooter and he can point out shooting mistakes quickly. He will also adjust your stock to fit you. All of this comes with a box or two of Kemen shells.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.