1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kemen reloading

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Longgunnm, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longgunnm

Longgunnm TS Member

Kemen black and red hulls are becoming available. Both have a white plastic base wad.
    The black hull has a base wad "even" with the end of the primer and the red hull has a much thicker base wad, which I assume would mean less case capacity.
    Would I be correct that these are Cheddite hulls? But with a difference in case capacity so which color would I use?
    Safe reloading data for Cheddite or Fiocchi hulls?
    Mark

2. JPettengill

JPettengill TS Member

I understand that the Kemen hull is a Cheddite hull. I have been reloading the red hull for about 6 months using data for Cheddite hulls with good results. From my experience the base wad in the red hulls and the primer is even. When you find one that primer is lower than the base wad don't load it, as the base wad has moved up from the base of the shell. I find that to happen in about 10% of the hulls, so look at them all real close. I like to use the red hull and place a light behind the loader and "candle" the hull as you are loading it. Jim P

3. Longgunnm

Longgunnm TS Member

Got home this evening to compare case capacities. I think I was wrong about different base wad heights. In the ones I checked, water capacity on both is the same, poured from one hull into the other. I don't know where my eyes came up with the base wad thing.
    One is a red Sport 32 and the other a black Extra 32.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
kemen load data

kemen reloading data

kemen shot shell reload data
kemen shotshells reload data
reloading kemen hulls