1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping The Desire

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by otnot, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

I was just curious how everyone keeps the desire to keep getting better when you loose more than you win? You go to a big shoot and all you see are 100 or 200 straights on the leader board and the best you have ever done is a 98 or a 99. Are you satisfied with just winning your class? And if you are, does it really feel like you won anything? Don't you really want to be the high score not just class winner? And if your neither why do you keep trying?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I understand that only 5% of trap shooters break 100 straight. I compete against myself and occasionally, I have a good day. I just love to shoot and my feeling is that it ain't all about winning. Look at the scores at big shoots ... if only the ones that had a chance of winning showed up, it would be awful lonely. I also feel that the social aspect of the game is a big factor for most of us. Bill Malcolm

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I shoot for fun. As for winning, even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in awhile.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have many good friends who shoot trap. If I didn't shoot, I would not get to visit with them.

Pat Ireland

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I just love the smell of burnt gunpowder.

6. otnot

otnot Active Member

After last year I almost gave up trap shooting. So I took four months off last fall and didn't even pick up my gun. When I came back the desire was there again, and I'm once again counting the days until I can shoot again. Pat I think your right! I have met a lot of very nice folks in my travels around the country and I did miss the comradere at the clubs. Nothing better than a sunny day and the smell of burnt powder.

Jim

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I broke a hundred once. I strive to do it again although with my advancing age it's a downhill slope. It's a good thing to have hope. I hope my wife will bake me a rhubarb pie this week. That's also a good thing. And then there's,,, Oh well, I still have the rhubarb to look forward to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.