1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping gun in fitted case

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smokerz, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

If you want to keep it in a case, look into vapor phase corrosion inhibitors. I think Brownell's and others sell them. Great for closed spaces.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Simone.... I have been storing my Perazzi's that way for years with no ill effects. Just be absolutely sure the case is dry at all times. A moisture absorbing silicate pak in the case doesn't hurt either.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have never had any problem ...and I've stored them for up to 18 months without checking

4. guncase

guncase TS Member

I don't recommend storing your gun in a CLOSED case for any length of time, even one of mine. I even spray,, VERY LIGHTLY ,, a oil inside my case to provide protection as soon as I put the gun away. I only do that in MY cases, and don't recommene it in others, depends what the interior material is like. Paul

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I, too, store my guns in their closed cases. The cases go in the safe and the safe is in the garage. The safe is, however, equipped with a "hot Rod" and a Dri-Z-Air device that, so far, has prevented rust in the cases or to any other firearm inside. Paul may be right about long term storage but none of us want to do that anyway, eh?....breakemall...Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.