1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping Choke Tubes Tight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ajax, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Take a 3/4 piece of teflon tape and put it on the threads. You don't need to wrap them completely. I received this information from other tube manufactures, not Beretta.

Ajax

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Put some grease on the threads and then tighten them with a wrench. I have
    the same gun, and that works for me.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

My Browning and Caesar both come loose. I just check them between posts.

All I use is gun oil on the threads. Also I clean my guns quite often it seems as compared to others according to some posts in this forum.

4. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Member

The Seminole chokes I use on my Beretta 390 work loose about every 5 rounds or so, and I got in the habit of snugging them while moving to the next station. During sporting clay rounds, however, I'd forget now and then and decided to do the teflon tape wrap. It surely works. The Seminoles don't have slots milled in them to use a wrench, save for a pair of vise-grips, but I'm not that desperate.

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Get some Door-Ease or similar grease stick from an automotive or tool store and apply liberally to the threads/body of the choke tube. It keeps the tube from backing out and also keeps it from freezing in place.

6. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Try anti sieze grease used on heavy machinery or Birchwood Casey Choke Tube Grease. I have used both and loosening of tubes is not an issue and neither is getting stuck.
    Shoot Well and Often

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Briley has choke tube grease. They are probably all the same, but they keep the tube from coming out or sticking in. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.