1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Keep your eyes open, motorcycles/scooters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Lucky kid!!!!

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I am glad my son stopped riding his. I had a couple of different ones when I was younger, and sometimes I think about getting another one, but it's a fleeting thought. The many crashes that my friends have had snap me back into reality.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

It says it was an Iowa State football player. It was not!!!! It was a University of Iowa football player.

Big difference!!!!!!!! No, make that a Huge difference........

Iowa State doesn't have any football players that I know of........lol

They just have pretend football players............lol

Hauxfan!

4. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I watched him flying, good thing he was in shape

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Over 30 years on motorcycles here. This was the typical left turn across the bikers right of way. I have been in thousands of near misses. It is getting way worse on the roads today. It is too convienent to use the old "I didn't see him argument". I watched a man make an illegal left across 4 lanes of traffic and hit a biker. The biker was on a GoldWing that has about as much frontal area as a small car. The car driver said he didn't see him, and no charges were filed. The funny thing is the offending driver and I were both leaving the racquet ball club where the game is a small blue ball at 80 mph coming at you from five different angles. And it was an excuse that he "couldn't see" a 1000 lb motorcycle with a 200 lb man driving in a 35 mph zone.... bunk. With cell phones and electronic navagation in the cars NO ONE IS WATCHING the road. Now they pull out in front of my 4500 lb Grand Marquis with halogen headlights on. My semi truck driving neighbor says people "cannot see" his Kenworth either. I am glad the young man in this example was not seriously injured, but everyone clucks their tongues about bikes instead of the bad driving.

6. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

CAN'T SEE!!! Male Bovine Fecal Matter!!!!

NOT LOOKING is more like it. I was sitting parked in a local fast food parking lot and had been there, sitting behind the steering wheel for maybe five minutes when someone pulled out of their parking spot across the lot and nailed my door.

Here comes the good part.

He said he didn't see me.

Now the even better part.

When I jumped out of my car, he was pulling away and said he didn't hit me. Both the cop I called and the body shop that had to repair the close to $1,500 damage just kind of shook their head when they heard that. I was lucky to be in the car, that was moved sideways a couple of inches when he "didn't know he hit me" otherwise he just might have driven off "not knowing he hit me".

The cop that investigated let the guy drive off after getting the accident forms filled out. He just happened to be 88 years old. Gee, I wonder if that played any part in him "not knowing" that he hit me!

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

When I seen that on FOX news and they said Iowa, first thing that came to mind was, Hauxfan going to put something on TS!!

They do have tuff players in Iowa!

as for people not paying attention, I was sitting in a parking lot and watched a gal come in and struck a restore clasic car not once but 3 time trying to squeeze into the parking space. She struck the car so hard each time it did the rock and roll. She didn't make it in so she left and parked in another spot, I got out got her plate number and put the information on the car she hit. WOW I wouldn't have wanted to be around when the guy seen his car!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.