1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Keep In Touch Program

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tomc66, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

I have heard during the recent elections that poor people could get free cell phones from the goverment. I tended to not believe this.

I volunteer at a local charity on Tuesday's. Today, while at the charity I saw the forms to get a free cell phone. To qualify, all you need is to be receiving food stamps or be on Medicaid. You get a free cell phone with 250 minutes of free air time a month. The program is called: "Keep in Touch".

What in the hell is the rationale of giving poor people free cell phones?

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

So they can plan this revolution the left-wing Daily Kos Occupy types keep talking about:

"Hey Shon...Speedway got a special on cheese nachos, buy one get one free."

"Supp, dog...just got my EBT card reloaded...be right there wit my pals."

I don't know about you, but if I were a member of the privileged 1% upper-class aristocracy, I'd be peeing my pants right about now. In fact...I think I'll place a call to the Koch Brothers & see if we can't get this stopped right away...got to keep our boot heel on the necks of the working poor, you know.

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

You are paying for the so-called free phones. When you pay your telephone bill and/or cell phone bill, via the Universal Service Charge, per bill, you are financing this Program. The original intent of the Universal Service Charge many years ago was to provide assistance (funding) to rural areas to have land lines. It was later expanded to cell phones. I don't know which political party expanded this Program to cell phones, but I object to this. This sh-t must stop. Write your congressman to oppose this charge. Why must I pay for someone else's cell phone? This is legalized theft. BT100dc

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Never heard about the program untill the start of the campaing. And those of us that pay tax are paying for cell phones for people that live off the state. Nice to stay in touch with your dealer / pimp.

5. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

thats how you get votes,, Give those 3rd world people free phones here and they will vote for you every time,,, Just give em free shit we pay for,,,

PATHETIC where our great country is going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.