1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

keep buying cheap foriegn cars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdtracker, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

it bothers me seeing all the chinese, korean and other foriegn junk buckets running around. Most people have no value of their own life let alone their family and friends.These are 40 mph crashes. Birdtracker

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can look at the percentage of parts made on American cars that are made overseas- in some cases you will be shocked

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The car my wife drives (Hyundai) is the only one with a 5 star rating in a crash from the front, side, or rear, made in Korea (10 year, 100,000 warrantee) and it ain't cheap but beats the hell out of anything the Big Three had to offer ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

WPT you are right. On the Big Three vehicles a lot of the parts are built to fail as soon as the warranty expires. HMB

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Some day very soon.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I agree with you Rodger C. Even with some of them having production lines here in the US the profits still boosts the foreign companies home country while ours goes in the tank..

My Father-in -law and my Brother-in-law have Hyundais, I told them they are still welcome in our home but they can't park the foreign junk in my driveway. And for you believers that brag about them both of those cars have had troubles just like every other brand.
    Bill

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Hyundai is made in a new facility in Montgomery Alabama. All American workers, and the car has the best safety features on the market. It's a fact, and they are priced right with a great warranty. I don't own one, but I can see why people buy them.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Do they let you park in their driveways?

Eric

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Go on ebay motors.com and look for 15 year old plus cars. You will see very few of the imports. Even if they do not rust away in the snow covered states, they are very expensive to maintain once they are older/more worn out. There is a lot of 20 plus year old American cars still on the road and economically maintained. My '97 Grand Marquis is still great. Smooth, quiet, dependable, roomy and gets great mileage. When it comes time, I will replace it with another Grand Marquis

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I was just talking to a shooter at the club today and he is looking for one right now. Kia's are a real hot seller right now as well for the same reason, the warrenty, l0 years and l00,000 miles. Until the big 3 match this they are going to lose alot of sales!!! They will never be able to match it until they drop the unions as well. Break-em all. Jeff

11. shelly

shelly TS Member

If it weren't for foreign competition, the big 3 would still be turning out complete junk like they did in the 70s and 80s. Actually, I'm not sure what's domestic and what's foreign anymore. Just wait until the Chinese start exporting their cars to the US- that should be interesting.

Personally I would buy a foreign car any day before I would buy one from Obama Motors (GM and Chrysler).

12. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

The cars in that video that crumbled like a tin can were Chinese. Anyone own a Chinese cars here in North America?

13. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Leo you may get another Grand Marquis but it won't be a new on because Ford killed of mercury this year. If you want a new one better hurry 2010 is the end.

14. tdhusker

tdhusker TS Member

I own Big 3 vehicles but one of them is a Chevy pickup that was made in Mexico. One of my friends has a Toyota pickup that was made in America. Ownership of Chrysler? Fiat, which has a majority shareholder named Mumhamar Quadaffi. Yes, THAT Muhammar Quadaffi. Buy a Dodge, Quadaffi gets paid. Buy a Chevy made in Mexico and you hellp out Uncle Sam (Obama motors)while screwing the American auto worker.

Kind of confusing.

15. mobear

mobear Member

An american made car is a joke, the 88 crown victoria my parents had, had so many foreign parts in it, that it was classified as in import.

16. RobPete

RobPete Member

I very recently purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. It is, by far, in my top three favorite cars that I've ever owned. I base this on features, warranty, safety rating, ond overall design appeal(Car & Driver put in 1st in class!). For the record, I have owned close to 30 cars, ranging from $5,000-$70,000..(yes, I've had quite the array).

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I fail to understand how you get that America would be fixed if no one bought a foreign car for one year. I own two Fords, 06 F150 and 01 Taurus and they both have been super vehicles but my wife liked the Hundai Azera and bought it. I have enjoyed the car although it doesn't get the fuel mileage I had hoped for but it will fly. It was built in Montgomery Alabama by US workers. Jackie B.

18. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

"If everyone in this country did not buy a foreign car for one year many of our financial problems would be solved. Maybe the american buyer is not smart enough to see what these purchases do to our economy. Some day maybe they will see the results of their ignorance. Roger C"

Ok Roger, since in your opinion I am not very smart - AND I am ignorant to boot, please explain - specifically how not buying foreign cars for 1 year will save our economy. I'll be standing by for another of your "pearls of wisdom"
    Nick

19. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

If the big 3 would build a quality car for a competitive price point I would own one. When my wife wanted a new car we looked around and the most car for the money was the VW Jetta(in our price range.) Ford and chevy were higher priced for same car with lower mpg's. Won't own chrysler cars period. Around my house pickups make money so its fords and chevy's.

Andrew

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Roger, do you want the Chrysler "K" cars to come back? How about the Ford Falcon?

Those were one of the worst abominations Detroit ever produced. I don't think many of them lasted ten years, let alone twenty. It is my firm belief the engineers used to work for Yugo and Trabant.

The Big 3 killed some good cars, and with a lot of dirty tricks too. Tucker, Delorean, Hudson etc.

Any time those bozos think they have a lock the consumers will suffer. They should have been reigned in before they sold their soul to UAW.

The Japanese invasion made them sit up and take notice, and quality did improve, but in some cases not much. I still don't understand why Ford replaced a magnificent Diesel engine with a POS.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.