1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Keensights

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Man, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I am thinking of having an add-on adj. rib put on my BT-99. I was just wondering how good they are and how long they keep the barrel. Thanks

2. chemist

chemist Member

Can't tell about adj but I bought a fixed for my 34" BT99 - they had it to me in two weeks and that was over Xmas- great job and fair $$$. Call Vicki and ask - she was most pleasant and cooperative. I first made one out of balsa , put in on the gun and shot it, and won a ham shoot. It worked well so I knew what I wanted- I put the rib on instead of shaving the stock or ordering a PFS. Gets a lot of looks at the club and my shooting has improved.

rich

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

They don't need your barrel. It is very easy to attach the rib yourself. All they need is the dimension you want.

4. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

you can do it either way, you can send your barrel or just give Miss Vicki the dimensions, and they will get it to you withing two week turn around time. I have there ribs on all my guns. Norm Van Pelt

5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Browning Man:

I have used Keen Sights rib quite a bit. They are great additions if you are looking to raise your head position, and change the view of the target for better visibility. Your post notes question about adjustable rib, but if you are interested in a fixed add-on, I have a 1/2 inch high Keen rib Vicki machined specifically for my 34 inch bbl BT-99 Golden Clays, but since I subsequently sold the BT (switched to using a combo) I now have a like new Keen rib for the BT-99 34 in bbl I am willing to sell. If interested, e-mail me (remove the xxx's) for details, etc.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've installed two that I ordered. They are a piece of cake to install. Just make sure you give Ken the right information on what you want. It will be to the size you order.

7. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Thanks but I am wanting an adj. rib, and my BT is a 32". I was thinking about getting an BT-99 AR but I will save money by having an rib put on my BT. I bought the gun new in 2004, trying to get the POI up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.