1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Keensight Rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 682 beretta, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682 beretta

682 beretta Member

I have both fixed and adjustable Keensight ribs and recomend them both. Call Vickie and discuss what you want to accomplish and she will make it happen.
    Barney

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have one about 2" tall on my XT Trap and one 3/4" on my BT. They both were installed to make the guns shoot flat while keeping my head upright and they do that well. They are a good looking rib and well made. I love having the light pipe inset into the rib rather than sticking up above it.

3. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I've had two Keensight adjustable ribs installed by Vicki Keen - both came out exactly how I wanted, both look good, and both work well. I'm about to send her a third barrel for a non-adjustable rib.

She does very good work, she's very easy to deal with, and she is fairly fast in terms of turn-around.

Highly recommended.

Ted K.

4. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

5. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

wireguy,I would like to see the 2" rib and the matching comb/buttstock arrangement.I have been considering adding a rib myself but know if I will benefit from it.Please add some pics.Thanks.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

[​IMG]

Here's the tall one, it really keeps my head up. I have to make a correction, this one is also about 3/4", it just looks taller. A lot of people have commented on my tall rib, but it actually isn't but maybe 1 1/2" including the original rib.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

This is the one on my BT-99. It sits .200 high at the front and .000 at the rear, making my BT shoot dead flat. Both of these ribs are about 3/4".

8. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

wireguy,I'm surprised that your comb is so low for such a high rib.I tried a used 682 unsingle that had a 1" add-on rib and a corresponding one inch higher comb,the gun fit me well enough before shooting it but the recoil to the face was awful.Your comb looks original.

9. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I had Vicki and Ken Rucker put a wide rib on a Winchester Super X-1 barrel. It came out just the way I wanted it. It does add a little weight but it is well distributed and eliminated the need for the 6 oz. cap weight I was using. Ron Renouf

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have a longer distance between my cheek and eye than most, so with the comb fully low I was looking flat down the raised rib surface. All Citoris shoot high for me, the added rib height worked out great and, being a pencil neck, was more comfortable too. Being a pot shooter I want it shooting flat, but for trap I can just crank up the comb a bit.

11. citadel

citadel Active Member

I just put a used one on this afternoon. I cleaned the old glue off with acetone and cleaned all the contact areas well with more acetone. I masked off all the sides with tape on the fixed and the new rib and laid down bead of black mastic and then just pressed then together making sure to have everything lined up and even. I cleaned up the excess mastic along the sides with a rag, let things dry for about ten minutes and then pealed off the tape. A little more cleanup with acetone and I was done. Total time start to finish was less than 15 minutes. It can not be much easier than that and it looks like a professional job. Easy.
    Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.