1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Keen add on Ribs?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter44

hunter44 Active Member

It's tough to see on Vicki's web site but how is the top of these ribs finished? Are they smooth or textured like an original rib?
  2. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

Smooth. No knurling or texturing.
  3. jbmi

jbmi Active Member

Would almost call it flat matte, very nice.
  4. hunter44

hunter44 Active Member

Thank you!

Hunter
  5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Active Member

For anyone with an add on rib...

1. Bridge Shoot is apparently the only add on rib whose top surface has a machined non-glare finish. For those of you with different brands, has glare ever been a problem under bright sunlight conditions?

2. If your rib is aluminum, what kind of metal finish (bluing, etc.) does it have?

sissy
  6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Powder coated black.

GB
    DLS
  7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I had a keen rib. They are painted with a epoxy paint and a smooth top finish.
  8. 1963

1963 TS Member

Check out the ADD-A-RIB company, they advertise here on Trapshooters. Quality product and they powder coat their ribs; no painting. I had a Keen rib and you could scrape off the finish with your finger nail. I would imagine that Keen no longer uses an epoxy spray-on finish. The ADD-A-Rib is less than half the cost of Keen. Mike
  9. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

A completely finished add on rib.

[​IMG]
  10. Johnny

Johnny Active Member

1963 has some sharp fingernails. An advantage to spray on epoxy is that it's easy to refinish. I would also be leery of a clamp-on rib. If it gets banged, the entire stress will be at the clamps instead of being distributed along the length of the rib.
  11. victoria K

victoria K TS Member

Just for the record all our ribs are powder coated first, then sprayed with an matt black epoxy finish so I don’t see how you could simply scrape thru both with your finger nail, and if you did have any problems we would have worked with you to fix it. As for the price all our ribs are custom made for each customer's needs, we can do any width including taper widths, pitch to aid in poi changes, heights up to 2 1/2" and rib lengths up to 34" long. All our rib come with beads installed in your desired locations and If you send us your barrel we hand cut and fit the new rib so that it comes all the way back to the back of the barrels existing rib at NO EXTRA CHARGE. Silicon and screw hole & screws (if needed) are included in pricing. We make an adjustable and fixed rib that comes in either rib design (Traditional Beaded or Crossfire Eliminator) so I feel to compare our custom made ribs with mass produced ribs is unfair. (I mean no disrespect to add a rib) I just want to point out the differences between the two company’s that we are being compared with. Thanks Vicki Keen ….. Keensights
  12. Johnny

Johnny Active Member

I like my Keensights rib.
  13. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Active Member

Ordered a rib from Vickie, she really knows her stuff & it arrived a week early!
  14. RobertT

RobertT Active Member

Just received and installed a Keensight rib made to my specifications. Vicki was a pleasure to work with.

Robert
  15. RobertT

RobertT Active Member

Just received and installed a Keensight rib made to my specifications. Vicki was a pleasure to work with.

Robert
  16. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I have bought at least 5 ribs from Vicki Keene and I have had no trouble with any of them. All were installed by her company, all fit perfectly, all look great, and none have come loose. And glare has never been a problem.

Ted K.
  17. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 TS Member

I've bought 2 ribs from Keensights. They are top quality. No issues with glare. The advantage with Keensights is that you can design the rib yourself and they make it exactly to your specs.
  18. Borderland

Borderland Member

I like the fact that my Keen rib matches the tapered rib on My BT100 perfectly and mirrors my existing posts so well that most people are not aware that the rib is added.
  19. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Vicki is a class act.
    The question that I would like to pose to people that own one is this:

Is there any problem with the rib detaching? Guns can get banged around pretty good in GC racks, and I am wondering how well the add ons hold up to this abuse.

Mike
  20. victoria K

victoria K TS Member

Hi Mike We sell ribs all over the U.S. Great Britten, Canada, and Australia so theres all kinds of weather from cold to hot and humid and the silicone holds up well. If you make sure all the oils and dirt are cleaned off your existing rib before installation you should have no problem with it coming loose. Hope this helps....Have a great day Vicki Keen
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.