1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KCTA Trap Team

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rachel-hopkins, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachel-hopkins

rachel-hopkins TS Member

As a member and captain of the KCTA team, I'm extremely upset that everybody has thrown such a fit about our team. It wasn't a "put-together" team. Everybody shot their targets like they were supposed to. Matt was a newcomer this year. BIG DEAL. I was a newcomer last year. There's NO DIFFERENCE. One blog on a website and everybody's in an uproar? WOW. I seriously feel sorry for the coaches and other young shooters who aren't, let's put this nicely, mature enough to be proud of the youth shooters of the nation, rather than jealous. I don't mean to sound snotty or conceited or rude because that's not my purpose of posting this. I'm posting this to explain to those who believe that KCTA "recruited" shooters. A junior/sub-junior shooter does NOT have to shoot with their school or set club. A shooter has the right to choose, does he not? I don't understand how everyone thinks that a person HAS to shoot with a certain team because they live in that area. I've shot at the MTA...does that mean I have to shoot on an MTA SCTP team? NO. It DOESN'T. What's the difference? I'm sure I'll have at least a couple of people back me up on this. The situation makes no sense. We haven't done anything wrong. To some coaches and youth shooters, possibly. Maybe they see us as cheating. BUT WE'RE NOT. We haven't ever cheated. Trapshooting isn't just about the gun and shells. It's about etiquette as well. There are certain things that people do that kind of just set you off right? THIS IS ONE OF THEM. No one likes to be accused of cheating. We DIDN'T, repeat DID NOT CHEAT. We're competitors just like the rest of the SCTP teams. We want to compete. We shoot TO compete. Where's the fun in being told you can't? I speak for myself and possibly my team when I say this is unfair. Lynn--we understand what you're doing and respect it. TO THE COACHES AND PEOPLE AGAINST THE KCTA--we don't respect your outrage. I (We) find it extremely unfair and unsportsmanlike. I'm not going to lie--we had a good chance to win/succeed and thanks to a few people who thought we were cheating, we lost that. We lost our hope and our confidence because we were told we can't compete. However--our will to come back next year and do just as good or better than this year boosted. And next year, we will be better. We WILL succeed because we want to now more than ever. That's all I have to say. Anybody agree? Tell me if you do...

Rachel Hopkins

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Rachel

Don't know the whole story but thank you for posting, I have found through my 20 years of shooting competition targets that when someone is too sucesfull other become jellous. When looking at youth sports, the parents are the WORST trying to live thier life though thier child's and if they can find a way to have any advantage they will.

Semper Fi

Ron Ausman

3. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rachel:Thanks a million for your post.It`s really a shame that a bunch of jealous people would jump all over KCTA`s team for being GREAT shooters.It never ceases to amaze me how brave and all knowing people on this site can be when they don`t have to sign their name....John Wiegand...KS-OKIE. P.S. I`ll see you this weekend @ KCTA.

4. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

I am in no way taking sides because frankly I don't care one way or the other BUT I have one question to ask just out of curiosity........ Rachel; if everything was on the up and up what was the reason given as to why you are not allowed to compete? I don't want your 'opinion' on why but the actual reason given!

5. rachel-hopkins

rachel-hopkins TS Member

I don't know if I'm allowed or entitled to say exactly why our team isn't allowed to compete, but I have a question for you--if you don't care one way or the other, why is it any of your business?

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

WHY was your team removed? Simple question and one you and your team and coach know the answer to very well. You can blame others if you want but that attitude won't take you very far in life.

--- Chip King ---

7. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

Nice attitude there little girl!!! With your tude and not giving the reason as to why you are not allowed to compete I along with a lot of others will just have to believe that there was some wrong doing going on!!! If in fact every thing was on the up and up you would have no problem giving the reason given for your teams disqualification. It would seem that if in fact every thing was on the up and up you and your team would not have been disqualified!!

I truly was just asking a question out of curiosity like I said but when some little brat cops an attitude then I will in fact return some tude also!!!!!!!

You have done nothing with your posts except make you and your team look REALLY bad.

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

hey nebraska, after reading your post I had to go outside and spit...

couldn't stand the taste that left in my mouth.

Absolutely disgusting!!!!

9. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

I will treat anyone of any age with the same respect they give others. With that said....................

I am sorry if telling off a snot nosed kid with a bad attitude makes you sick!! LOL Not really I couldn't care less how you feel!!! Maybe if more kids were made to know the difference between right and wrong and not pampered like little babies being told they do nothing wrong/nothing is their fault we would not hear of so many bad things being done by kids. Also maybe they would not get on here spouting off with a bad attitude while not answering simple questions truthfully!!!!!

On another note.... in Nebraska a kid has to shoot (or play any sport for that matter) on the team of the school he attends. A kid can not go to one school and participate in sports at another school. This is what it sounds like is going on there.

10. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

Oh yeah Mette you sticking up for a kid with a real bad attitude makes me puke!!! LMAO

11. rachel-hopkins

rachel-hopkins TS Member

our team was accused of having invalid records to prove that one of our shooters hadn't shot all his targets, when he had. the owner of our gun club was afraid that he didn't have the documentation needed to prove our case, when in fact, we did. he thought it best that we not shoot in the sctp event. Nebraskashooter-- i refuse to drop to your level and call you names, as you did me...i found that extremely inappropriate and uncalled for. you can think whatever you want about my attitude but i'd appreciate it if you'd keep it to yourself. i apologize to those of you who simply wanted an answer.

Rachel Hopkins

12. chipking

chipking TS Member

Thank You for your reply. Hopefully all will be in order for next time. Best of Luck

--- Chip King ---

13. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

Rachel; if you would have answered the question the first time without the attitude then you would have gotten support from me and others instead of catching flak from multiple people about your attitude.

14. rachel-hopkins

rachel-hopkins TS Member

i truly apologize for having an "attitude." i was just extremely disappointed that the team i am a part of isn't being allowed to shoot in an event that we could have done relatively well in. the team and i thought that we had filled the requirements needed to shoot, because we all shot our targets in the kcta youth clinic. we were required to shoot a certain amount of targets and each member of the team shot their own. it was just a big disappointment to us all. i'm sorry

Rachel Hopkins

15. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

So you are saying that your team was in fact not disqualified but instead it was your coach or club owner who decided to not let you shoot?

16. rachel-hopkins

rachel-hopkins TS Member

we weren't disqualified, but we aren't entering the sctp for fear that we would get disqualified because of the complaints that people have filed stating that are targets that we shot didn't count and that we had a put-together team.

17. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

She did answer the question nebraska. Read her first post. But no, you had to drag her down to some level. Sounds like child abuse to me. And you are still trying to do this. In the name of decency, that's enough!!!! You are the one that started the negativity with your first post.

"Support from you and others"? What others are you referring to? Who are you speaking for other than yourself?

"Catching flack from multiple people"??? Who's that??? You and who else?

My Corporate attorney told me once that speaking for others is the play of a fool.

I know that does not describe you, so act like it, please.

I don't know Rachel and have never met her, but geesh. I thought we were innocent until proven guilty. Proven...not assumed. All of that was explained in her FIRST post. She even named the individual. Seemed pretty cut and dried to me.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Rachel; I applaud you for your last post. Keep shooting and having fun. This is but a small speed bump in the road of life. You reacted as many of us would and you apologized for your reaction as many would not have.

I wish you all the best in your shooting careet which is just starting.

Don

19. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Below is the SCTP rule regarding team practices. However, I can’t find anything that says a coach must keep written records of the practices.

D. Definition of “Regular Basis” for Practices
    Coaches must conduct a minimum of SIX (6) team practice sessions - each on a separate day - for the team members at the team’s home gun club or shooting facility with each team member shooting a minimum of 25 targets at each practice session. Team members must attend a minimum of SIX (6) team practice sessions in order to be eligible to shoot in a SCTP State or National Championship event. Registered shoots are NOT to be counted as practice sessions.

20. jo_48

jo_48 TS Member

Roger,

I think you answered part of it.

Rachel, I think you are either ill-informed or being less that truthful.

Is it not a fact that a State SCTP Director made a trip to Lynn Creek and informed someone that your team had been disqualified?

Is it not true that he stated the reasons why?

Rachel, I think you need to read rules 3 (A) thru 3 (C) also 4 (D). I also think you need to read the classification rules and ask your coach if he followed them.

Would another team be moved up if your team was not disqualified? It sure wouldn't happen if it was because your coach was (just afraid you might be disqualified).

Maybe you haven't been told the truth. If I were you I would call the State SCTP Director and ask if your team had been disqualified and if so what the reasons were.

When you come on this forum and seek redress, you should have your facts straight because someone on here will, and will challenge you. You won't pull the wool over everyones eyes on this forum.

I also think you are missing the whole point of what the SCTP program is about. Etiquette is a very small part.

No one on this forum has accused you or any of the shooters of cheating so please don't use that for a diversion.

I'm not saying that, maybe your coach might not be in question.

The simple thing to do is call your State SCTP Director and ask.

Kent Inman 314-984-0514

Paul Larson 417-938-4312

If what you say is the truth there is no reason to not shoot!! I think everyone needs to know the truth.

If, again, what you say is the truth, I will personally call your State Directors and the NSSF and complain.

You are truly a great team and it saddens me to think that you are not shooting at the Nationals.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.