1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kayla Watkins selected as All State Captian

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Kayla Watkins selected as All State Captain

Ok I was searching the internet and happen to run across this story of some one that I know of that don't live to far away in TN.

I remember she broke a 99 in the handicap at the state shoot this year one day just thought I would say congradulation's to her also.

by Steve McCadams

June 22nd, 2007

Puryear’s Kayla Watkins has been selected as captain of the 2007 All-State Scholastic Clay Target Program’s Senior Ladies Team.

Announced this week by the Tennessee Wildlife Federation and Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, Watkins earned her title after a successful year in competitive shooting events which has earned her a lot of respect from a wide variety of people.

These shooters represent the best student athletes that Tennessee Scholastic shooting has to offer, according to a news release received this week from both TWF and TWRA.

All-State members must meet many criteria including; each athlete must have shot over 1,000 registered targets in competition, must be nominated as All-State candidates by their coaches, must have the highest overall shooting averages of SCTP participants in the state and must maintain a 2.5 GPA.

This year’s All-State teams were selected from over 1,700 SCTP participants. As members of the Tennessee SCTP All-State teams, these shooters will represent Tennessee as the ambassadors to the sport throughout the year as well as at the Grand American Trap Championships in Sparta, Illinois this August.

Watkins will captain fellow shooters Elizabeth Russell, Linley McClain, and Lacey Lane of McKenzie, along with Deambra Allsup of Jefferson County, TN.

Congratulations to Kayla Watkins as she continues to advance her competitive shooting career.

In the weeks ahead I’ll be talking and shooting with Kayla in a feature column.

Meanwhile, the shooters will be presented with their trophies during the opening ceremonies of their respective SCTP State Championships being held June 23-24 and June 29 through July 1 at the Tennessee Clay Target Complex in Nashville.

Additionally, many of these shooters along with several other candidates from across the state will also get an opportunity to interview and hopefully attend the Junior Olympic Development Camp to be held at the USA Olympic Shooting Complex in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Steve McCadams is a professional hunting and fishing guide here in the Paris Landing area. He has also contributed many outdoor oriented articles to various national publications.
  2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Congratulations to Kayla! Good job on your shooting...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.