1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KAY OHYE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,
    Have any "new Trap shooters ' gone to a clinic Kay gave ? Did you feel it helped you or was it more for the advanced shooter ?
    Thank you.
    BILL

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I think that with any of the top instructors you need enough experience to be able to grasp what is being taught but not so many bad habits that you have to unlearn them before you start. Kay teaches his style and builds on fundamentals instead of some instructors who adapt your style with suggested improvements.

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Just because you are a good shooter does not necessarily make you a good teacher.My 2cents.What I learned from a sporting clays instructor is that someone can make a hundred bucks an hour! .....Don

4. Kerry

Kerry TS Member

I have two of his clinics and I thought they were great.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Me too.

6. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Mike said it best!!! Kay's class is GREAT!!! I will tell you he can be a little crass, that's just him, I had no problem with it. He is a great teacher and you will suprised at what you can learn IF you are willing to change. Some things I did change, some I did not. Take his class and others and you can and will learn!!!

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I can guarantee you that he is not a good enough teacher to teach you how to beat him. LOL

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Kay offers excellent classes and I believe a new shooter would actually gain more from a class than an experienced shooter. A new shooter just has to learn how to do things right. An experienced shooter has to unlearn his mistakes first and then learn how to do things right.

Also, a new shooter might have more questions, and the entire class can benefit from the questions.

Pat Ireland

9. double release

double release Member

Think about it this way when deciding on a clinic or not:even Tiger Woods has a coach. Kay is a great teacher and does not hold anything back as some might think and he does want to see you on the line at shoot offs, your success is his reward and best advertisement. A new shooter is not going to learn or understand at the same level as a experienced shooter. Don't expect to take one class from Kay or anyone else and expect to learn everything but it will help start you in the right direction for a successful trap shooting career. Frank

10. chuckles

chuckles Member

Attention J Brooks....for the record please.....

Barry Wallman an ATA and Michigan shooter, WWCCA and Birmingham Gun Club has been taking lessons from Kay Ohye for going on 3 years....

At last years Southern Grand, the one in Florida, Silver Dollar....

Barry beat Kay from the 26yd line in the Main Handicap event....both Senior's I believe and Barry has been shooting only 4 or 5 years...
    All verifiable....

Student beats Instructor......

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.