1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KAY OHYE SHOOTING CLINIC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

Anyone that has taken a 2 day clinic from Kay Ohye how did you like / dislike it it.
    Are you a AA or High shooter -new shooter or somewhere in the middle ?
    What did you get out of it and has it improved you , or enabled you to correct some mistakes and improve yourself.
    A private mail will be fine for the results .
    HIT

2. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I've taken two two-day clinics with Kay. He's a great coach and teacher who really makes you work. I liked the courses a great deal, but some people didn't. He's a bit rough around the edges, but really knows what he's talking about. I'm a D shooter, and the first match after I took Kay's course (4 days later) I shot a 95. Over time my scores went back to about where they were, but I know that it's my fault. I don't shoot enough.
    Take the course with the idea that you will learn from this very knowledgeable man, and you will.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Hit..... I have taken 2 clinics in the 20 or so years I've been shooting trap. Both from 2 of the top shooters in the game. I'm curently A27A, and have to work my Azz off to stay there. What I learned from the 2 clinics I took from both these "pros" wouldn't fit in a thimble, which is just about the size of my pea brain. I finally decided it was time to either fish or cut bait when it comes to my shooting and bite the bullet. I signed up for a 3 day Kay Ohye course, in Medford. Oregon, this August. I figure that, since he has taught, and coached, more students to the All American teams than all the rest of the instructors out there, combined, I have nothing to lose. While he may be a taskmaster when it comes to his methods, if it's worth having, it's worth working for. No instuctor is going to put 100 straights in your lap and take your money. I figure that, since Kay can still run 100 straight from the 27 at 70+ years of age, he probably has something in his bag of tricks that can help even me...... Just my thoughts..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. Steven

Steven TS Member

Taking the class in April, hear good things about it. Also heard the same as what Bill said. I'm a AA shooter.

5. mono1393

mono1393 Member

I am taking my 2nd 3 day course in April at Fort Colville Gun Club. Great course and has improved my shooting when I work on it more than any other course taken. If you want to get better, you have to work at it! But it helps to know how to work at it.

Chris Morris

6. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Took the class last May at Birmingham Trap Club. Very helpful. As others mention, he is a little rough on the edges. However, he knows his stuff. He doesn't waste time, and everything you do is for a purpose.

Made me a believer when I popped 6 straight from 27 yds, with 1 oz reloads. His instruction works.

In two days there are just too many things to absorb completely. Take away the best four or five points and work those hard. You'll improve.

I'm already signed up and paid for this May.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.