1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kay Ohye fire

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by davetrack, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davetrack

davetrack TS Member

Look what happened to Kay at the Zone Shoot.

http://dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1443104710/Champion-trap-shooters-motor-home-catches-on-fire

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

OOh that sucks.

I am glad it didn't spread.

I have seen RV fires, and usually it is a total loss. The fire spreads so fast it is surprising.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thank goodness everyone was ok. That could have been nasty in a crowded campgrounds.

Russ--I too have seen alot of RV fires. As a truck driver you see alot of them out on the interstates. Its amazing or shocking to see people just make it to the shoulder when their motorhome becomes fully engulfed in flames. I liken it to the Hindenburg video. They burn very fast.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

he was driving a Newmar home worth about a half a mil Ouch

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Actually, the campsites up on the hill are fairly well spaced, and for the most part, many units had already departed for Sparta, so it wasn't a packed house as might have been expected. We left about 9AM Monday, and tooted at Kay on the way out, but didn't see anything amiss at that time. We seem to recall that Don and Deb had already pulled out; but we're thinking Kay might have had a class on Monday. In any case Gary Farnsworth prolly had things all fixed up in a jiffy, and sent the old fella on his way. Knowing Gary the way we do, though, Kay may be traveling in a new motorhome.....grin.

best....mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.