1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kay Ohye - DVD Recommendation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 101voodoo, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Well, since the season's winding down and the weather's cooling off, I figure its time for a new trap dvd.

Thought about getting an Ohye DVD, but his site has a ton of them. Any recommendations on which one to start with?

Jim

2. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Hi Joe,

Got Phil's old and new one, plus a half dozen by others, just none by Kay yet.

Jim

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Kay's video was one of the first ones I looked at. I have seen almost every one on the market. Though it's old, its still one of the best. I think its called something like "super tape" it includes all three events. I consider it almost the "trap standard" tape. Bruce

4. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Thanks, Bruce. I was looking at the super tape II and III, not sure if III's just an update or is targeted for a different audience. Think I'll just get III and see how it is.

Jim

5. rdf59

rdf59 Member

I bought Kay's video on How to Pattern Guns and Proper Gun Fit. It had some interesting points, but it was the WORST DVD I have ever run into. The production or flow was not good. Kay would try to show a certain way to bring the gun up and then seemed to not follow his own instructions.

The quality was definitely the worst. It would stop at a random point as though it was in pause and then jump ahead 10 to 15 seconds. It did this continuously. Very poor technical quality.

Everything was so bad, I decided not to buy any more of Kay's stuff

6. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Thanks for the info RDF59, I was curious as to the quality of the dvds, looks like a lot of the stuff on the site is still VHS, and thought the dvds may have just been dumped from old video tape onto disc.

JIm

7. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

RDF 59, I don't know what to tell you, I have his super tape, its quality is excellent, both visually and instructively. I'm sure that the tape you got is as you say and I will not consider it. The super tape is not that tape. Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.