1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kansas Upland Bird Forecast

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link Tim! Which region do you hunt? Which one might be best for both quail and pheasants in the same region for a couple of non-resident hunters? Tom and I are discussing making it out there if at all possible this fall/winter for some bird chasing. How about region one for both species?Thanks for any advice/information Tim!

Hap

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks Tim!! My buddy has permission to hunt several thousand acres in the southern part of region 3 near Ashland and we're just doing a little research from that point out. Martin and Devi will join us at some point for a day or so of bird chasing somewhere along the line. They are leaving PA Monday for Salinas. We'd really like to find an area where we might get into both species at the same time? My little FB has only been into quail here in AZ and I'd love to see her operate on a mixed bag!! Dang,, I'm gettin bird/buck fever already!!!

Thanks for you help Tim, I appreciate it a lot!!

Hap

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I used to hunt around Concordia and would ge a mixed bag most days.

4. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

One needs to look further than the Game & Parks forecast, as well as local newspapers. IMO they paint a better picture than reality, just to get you there to spend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.