1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kansas Shooter Gary Schultz has passed on

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blandgraf, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blandgraf

blandgraf Member

Gary Schultz, a 2007 Kansas Trapshooters Association Hall of Fame inductee, lost his battle with cancer Oct 4th. Gary, a retired school administrator, will be missed by his many, many friends at the KTA. Gary and his father, Harold, were both inducted into the KTA HOF at this years banquet in June---Harold in the shooter category and Gary in the benefactor category. Gary was always doing the odd jobs at the KTA homegrounds---painting, cleaning, picking up, planting and watering flowers and, of course, shooting. He just did them cause the tasks needed done. Our condolances to Harold and the rest of Gary's family. Beccy & Wilbur Landgraf

2. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Our prayers and sympathies to Gary's family. I had heard at the shoot last week that he was in a great deal of pain. We know he no longer hurts, but we all now do. Thank you for posting Beccy......

Gary will be missed by all shooters in Kansas.

The Hull Family

3. stockguy

stockguy Member

Gary was tireless with his help at the KTA grounds - even when he was feeling way too poorly to even be out there. He said that he'd simply rather be at the gun club doing what he could instead of sitting around the house. He will be missed by his friends in Kansas as well as his many friends in Arizona where he wintered for many years at Double Adobe.

Condolences to his remaining family.

Greg Hissem

4. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Gary was truly a wonderful person. Whenever I went to a registered shoot, I would always look forward to having a conversation with him. I don't attend many shoots anymore, but whenever I drive by Peabody Kansas, I always will think of Gary. He will be missed. God bless to his family.

5. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

I will certainly miss Gary at Double Adobe and lots of other places too. He was truly a fine gentleman and he loved the sport of trapshooting.

jim brown

6. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

I met Gary at the KTA in August 2006. He was a very friendly gentelman. He told me about his battle with cancer and his career in the school system. I am sure he will be sadly missed at the KTA. My sincere condolences to his family. Darren

7. DblAdb

DblAdb TS Member

The shooting community has lost a great asset and me and Kathleen a good friend. Mike McNeeley

8. bas

bas Member

We are very sorry to hear this sad news. Sorry we missed his induction in the KS HOF this year...as we usually attend the banquet when we are at the KS shoot. He will be missed by many - KS and AZ.

Betty and Roger

9. trapshootersmom

trapshootersmom TS Member

We here at the Kansas Trapshooters Association will miss seeing Gary working around the club house watering his flowers and just helping out where ever it was needed. He was always the first one to greet me when I would go down early to get set up for the shoots. Gary would wonder down to my camper as I was setting up and offer his help. I am one that will miss seeing him very much. I am posting his obituaries as I thought many of you shooters in AZ might like to see it. God Bless You Gary!

Gary L. Schultz
    PEABODY - Schultz, Gary L., 67, died October 4, 2007. Memorial service to be held at a later date. Survivors: father, Harold Schultz; mother, Iola Depperschmidt; sisters, Sheryl Schilowsky, Bernadine Schultz; many nieces & nephews; great-nieces & great-nephews. Memorials to Kansas Trapshooter Association. Baker Funeral Home,114 N Sycamore, Peaobody, KS 66866.
    Published in the Wichita Eagle on 10/7/2007.

Greg Hissem called me this morning with the memorial service information. It is to be held at the Kansas Trapshooters Association grounds Saturday the 27th of October at noon.

Condolences to Gary's family.

Carey, Sandra & Logan McAllister

10. trapshootersmom

11. stockguy

stockguy Member

12. trapshootersmom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.