1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KANSAS SCORES

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by D&H@777, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&H@777

D&H@777 TS Member

Anyone got scores for Kansas State S.

2. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I don't remember them all....but here are a few. Others will add I am sure.

The Kansas handicap champion is Ron Watson with a 99. The Doubles Champion is Pat Ferrington who shot off with Harlan, who was runner up. The Singles Champion I can't remember, I'm sorry. I know there were 4 200's in state. Junior Handicap Champion was Chuck Fischer. I believe Rex Grey was the in state junior singles champ and doubles too...but not positive on that. Sub Junior handicap was Matt Knoll. Singles in state Sub Junior,Bryan Hull, Doubles Sub Junior, Bryan Hull after a shoot off with a young man by the name of Danny Baker. Bryan and He were neck and neck all week. Danny is a fine young man and great shooter. Out of State Singles Champion is Gerald Demulling from WI. Runner up was junior shooter from NE Doug Beebe. Both with 200's in the event. I don't know who won the doubles or the handicap out of state. HOA in state...Harlan Campbell. HAA in state Pat Ferrington. Those are what I remember.

This will give you a start though.

Lorna

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I think the in-state singles champion was Rich McAllaster, but I'm not 100% sure.

4. bas

bas Member

Hey Lorna....how about the ladies....in and out of state.....don't forget about us....so sorry we couldn't be there this year. Hope you had great weather....even so...it is ALWAYS a great shoot!

Betty

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Juania Gale (Iva Jarvis' daughter...hope I got J's last name correct, as I just met her) shot a 98. She was high for lady's HC on Sunday, but she might have taken a place trophy instead. I'm sure she won something...just don't know what she decided.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Devi and Martin, Am assuming you made it home safely. Good to see you again after 8 mo. and Martin after 30 yrs.LOL.

Lorna, I wanted to meet you and your family,but didn't see anyone around the motorhome when I stopped by. Are you going to be at the Nebraska shoot? Maybe meet you there . All take care.---Steve

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

The only thing I know 100% for sure is in the state handicap event on Sunday, I took my In-State yardage class (22-24.5) with a 96. Got a punch back to 25, so I've met one of my goals for this year already.

I got to meet recurvyarcher, HAUXFAN!, and trapshooters.com's very own DRUNK AGAIN SOONER! It was great meeting you all face-to-face and chatting with you.

And, of course, saw old friends Lorna (shotgunfun), Shootlow, pheasantmaster, and Greg Hissem (to whom I owe great thanks for that little adjustment he made that helped me on my way to that 96.)

Perfect weather Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but I was told Wednesday and Thursday were tough with gusty winds.

Got to shoot the singles event with my daughter on my squad, and she, thanks to my astute tutelage (HA!) and some stock adjustments by Greg Hissem, shot a personal best in the second 100 of the singles event on Saturday. I couldn't have been more proud.

It was a great time.

Tim

8. bas

bas Member

Thanks, DEVI...does anyone know who the ladies Singles Champion(s) were?.....

9. recurvyarcher

Steve, we are stuck in the Atlanta airport. Tornados messed all the flights up today, so we were delayed by about 5 hours (if we still get out of here tonight).

I really enjoyed meeting everyone, ts.com-ers and those that are not. I learned a lot, shooting in that wind, and made some new friends.

Anyone having any more stories about Martin, feel free ANY TIME to catch me at one of the upcoming shoots. LOL!!!

Kansas felt like home. Maybe some day....

10. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Tim, was that you that my wife and I shot with on Sunday? I was struggling with a new gun and then she tanked in the 3rd box(which is highly unlike her) LOL. If it was It was nice shooting with you and kudos on hitting your goal for thr year, you were shooting very good.

Jimmy

11. AvyMan2oo0

AvyMan2oo0 TS Member

Your right on the juniors in state champion. Rex Gray won singles and doubles, after a shootoff and also was thursdays singles champ. Rich did win in state singles championship. Congrats to him because that was his first 200 in the Kansas singles Championship event, with hopefully many more to come.

12. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

On Saturday, the KTA signed up 563 singles shooters for the 200 bird Singles Championship. I think this is a record for the KTA. Congratulations to everyone who has put forth the effort to help restore this shoot to what is expected of Kansas Championship events. This shoot takes place the first weekend in June. Please help these folks out by not scheduling competeing events in the same time slot. There are quite a few Kansas shooters who support your state shoots and championship events. Return the favor. It's a great shoot.

The trap line is 2nd to none in the United States. What cannot be controlled is the wind. It blew like a dog on Wednesday and Thursday. But there were still some shooters who posted scores just as if there was no wind at all. I'm still amazed they could shoot the scores they did in that wind. With all that said, I still want to say "Thanks" to everyone behind the scenes. Without you, this shoot would not happen. But that is so typical of the Kansas crowd. Pitch in; work your butt off; work some more; with no complaining. Thank you from Iowa. I appreciate it. Steve

13. wyomingjayhawker

wyomingjayhawker TS Member

Good shooting JJ glad to see that you are shooting again ,hope to see the 2 of you in Wyoming State shoot
    Chuck

14. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Betty......oh my gosh! I did leave out the Ladies. Ashley Nau......one of Bry's squad members won the out of state doubles. (she will kill me when she finds out I forgot to put that in here! lol) Susan Schwab was the in state singles champ. I don't know who the ladies doubles in state was, sorry. I think the ladies out of state handicap champ may have been Sharon Swanson now that I am remembering. Good Shooting Sharon!!! Someone can maybe help out. I am sure they will have it on the KTA website soon too. Congrats to Tim too!! Oh, and the out of state junior singles champ was Shane Richardson I believe. Ethan McCauley, Shane and Chance Fleming shot off for the HAA I know. Good shoot off. Ethan won that one...then the 3 of them shot a short set of 27 yard doubles. Good shooting guys! Fun to watch for sure! ....I believe Tyler Underwood won the Jr. Handicap with a 98, but shot off for place......Garret Ray was the out of state sub junior singles winner, doubles and handicap I don't know for sub junior.

Steve, yes, we will be in NE......come by and meet us!! Sorry we missed you....

It was so fun seeing and getting to know you even better, Devi! You sure do fit in with us Kansans!! :eek:)

Jim.....I never got to even see you! Where were you hiding?? lol......so sorry I missed seeing you!

Thanks from us to everyone who works so hard in KS as well. You all do a wonderful job and yes, it was a record day on Sat.!! Alot of shooters on the weekend for sure! I talked to several people who were new to our shoot and the background amazed them.....they loved it. And they commented on the great targets too. Thanks to all who attended! Those who didn't..... consider it next year! A great place to shoot and a well run shoot to be sure.

See you all at the SW zone in July!!

Lorna

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jimmy P,

Yes, indeed, that was me shooting lead-off on squad 64!

I enjoyed shooting with you guys.

Tim

16. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Tim, It was our pleasure shooting with you. We will be back next year for sure and maybe for the Summer and Fall handicaps. My wife is from Derby so we get to visit Grandparents too when we come up. Hope we get to shoot together again.
    See Ya

Jimmy & Audrey Phillips

17. recurvyarcher

Lorna, Martin and I will see you and your family at the zone shoot.

18. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Devi, You folks make it home ok then?---Steve

19. recurvyarcher

Yes, we arrived at the house at 3:30 this morning. Tired. We are resting up for this weekend at the Pennsylvania State shoot.

Are you going to the Southwestern Zone shoot? We'll see you there, if so.

20. mmiller

mmiller TS Supporters TS Supporters

All the scores are posted on the KTA website except for the last day as I have not received them as yet

Good Shooting
    Mike Miller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.