1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kansas pheasants- Trip report

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun1357, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Jun 30, 2006
    We hunted Saturday and one hour Sunday morning about 25 miles North of Garden City. Saturday was cool and Sunday we had wind,rain, sleet, etc. There are a lot of birds and most of the crops have been harvested. There appeared to be about half as many hunters eating breakfast as previous years.

True story: We were hunting (blocking) and a guy in an older pickup truck came by and stopped to watch. I walked over and started a conversation with him. He seemed like a nice guy so I asked if he wanted to join in with our group but he declined. He said he was going in for knee replacement surgery on Tuesday and he was just trying to get used to the idea. I mentioned that one of our group had gone through that ordeal and he might want to talk to him. He seemed pleased and drove over to get some first-hand information. Later, I learned the guy I asked to join us owned almost all the land we could see in any direction. Ron Renouf
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.