1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KANSAS lost a shooter last night

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by missed some, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missed some

missed some TS Member

Harold Schultz was killed in a car accident last night, don't know much more than that at this time, just got the phone call. mark crist

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

God Bless his family. Christmas wont be the same

3. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

He was involved in an accident near Hays last evening I do believe. Very sad. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Rod

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Mark, thanks for letting us know. Please PM or call me when you have more details.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. God Bless.

Steve Elliott

5. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

I read this with sadness,,Harold was quite a fellow,,I shot with Him at Ben Avery in 1998 when he was the oldest person to be punched to the 27 yd line ,,He lost a yard and accomplished it again a year later ,I shot with him at Casa Grande and ben Avery last winter ,he shot from a chair,,He really had some good storys to tell ,,I believe he would have been 95 years old now ,,We will miss him,,
    MX8Dave David Lang

6. pulllit

pulllit Member

Not to take away from the title of this thread “Kansas lost a shooter last night” but to add that “Alaska lost a legend shooter last night”. I doubt if Harold’s Alaska State shoot record number of wins in the singles as a senior vet will be topped.

I consider myself fortunate to have known Harold and to see him last July at Birchwood. He was true gentleman of the sport who could tell stories with that humorous dry wit of his.

RIP Harold, you will be missed.

View attachment 243118

7. missed some

missed some TS Member

I believe he was in the ALASKA HOF, I know we put him and his son in the KS HOF a few years ago. Wish I could remember how many dozens of times Harold drove the Alaska highway, he would summer there and winter in AZ with shooting everywhere in the middle! GREAT guy and I have never heard an ill word spoken of him. Fun fella to listen to. And you are right, he will be missed. mark crist

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I've always heard that things like these come in 3's!!! Its very sad to lose 3 top shooters just before Christmas this year. My heart goes out to all 3 family's. May God Bless and Rest In Peace to each and every one of them. Break-em all. Jeff

9. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Missed Some ,Harold had told me some time ago that he had driven the Alcan over 70 times ,I am sure he drove it more after that ,,,Mx9Dave

10. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends from Ohio

Janet

11. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

So sad. Prayers to the family from here in the east.

Luvn

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Awww. This sucks. Martin told me what happened. He was such a nice man, although I only met him a couple of times.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tough to the end and a good shot too! May he rest in peace and our condolences to his friends and family.

Hap

14. missed some

missed some TS Member

15. missed some

missed some TS Member

just got word that there will not be a formal service for Harold, He will be cremated and ashes goin back to Alaska. Ask that donations be made to NRA or Kansas Trapshooting Hall of Fame. mark

16. hamm3839

hamm3839 TS Member

Couple years ago Tuttle Creek (KS) had a 500 singles marithon. Harold was our squad leader. Harold said "Guys I plan just to shoot 300." As we were walking off the 3rd bank; Harold says, "Carl would you go tell the cashier I am shootiing 500, and will settle up when we finsih," If my memory is correct, Harold broke a 96 and 97. I hope in 20 years, I can shoot a 500 bird marithon.
    Prayers to the family and friends.
    Carl Hamm

17. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Harold will be greatly missed up here in The Great State of Alaska and was elected into the HOF in 2000.

Ben Olsen
    ATA President for Alaska.

18. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

He came up and shot with us last summer at the Alaska State Shoot. 92 or 93, I really enjoyed talking to him while he was here.

19. Radar#1

Radar#1 TS Member

R.I.P. HAROLD, YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED!!!THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GOING TO THE FAMILY OF HAROLD

STEVE RADER

20. otnot

otnot Active Member

I have known Harold since I first started shooting trap in 1976 as a teenager. We lost a good man. RIP Harold.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.